086

"Baby, it's me." Seungwoo said into the speakerphone. I could hear soft strains of Death Cab for Cutie's Underneath the Sycamore in the background as I drove home, my airpod wedged firmly in my ear.

"Hi! How was your day?"

"It was good." He replied, a smile in his voice. "I just finished writing the lyrics in about thirty minutes ago."

"I'm so excited to hear the final release." I grinned.

The fact that it only took only half an hour to come up with lyrics for his solo albums is just amazing. I love Seungwoo so much I've been yelling about his muscles a lot but his talent and his voice and his song writing and producing ability with his lovely personality is truly on another level. He is really so wonderful and I just love him a lot.

"Me too." I could hear the smile. "What do you want for dinner?"

"Mmm...anything is fine. I'm not super hungry. Kinda nauseous." I flipped on my blinker and turned into the parking garage. "Everything smells horrible."

"Pregnancy nose!" Seungwoo crowed.

"Pregnancy nose." I agreed dejectedly. I climbed out of my car and slung my bag over my shoulder. "I'm gonna be up in a minute."

"Stay on the phone." He said cutely. "I missed you today."

"Did you and your choreographer figure out your choreo thing?"

Seungwoo grunted. "Don't even remind me. I'm so annoyed! Like, I don't need help with this. I can come up with my own choreo for my own songs."

"Why are you getting all bent out of shape?" I asked, not unkindly.

He sighed. "I just feel like I'm not being trusted with my own solo project. I would never create choreo for them without asking. It's rude and frankly, insulting."

"You think they think you can't do it?"

Seungwoo's voice sounded irritated when he answered. "Yeah."

"You can do it." I said gently. "You can do it, baby."

"Thanks." He sighed again. "Come home. I wanna kiss you."

"Blehhhhhh." I replied.

By that time, I had reached our front door. Chika scratched and purred happily at the door as I struggled with the passcode.

"I got it!" Seungwoo called from inside. A moment or two later, the door flung open and he scooped me up into his strong arms, crushing me in a very welcome bear hug.

"Hi, baby girl." He spoke his greeting into my hair.

"Hi, love. I missed you." I threw my arms around him and squeezed him back. Chika whined and jumped up repeatedly, pressing her front paws against us.

Seungwoo eventually loosened his grasp and leaned back, his arms still wound around my waist.

I looked up at him, feeling my expression grow soft.

"You're really handsome." I commented quietly.

He smiled shyly, so pleased.

"Your eyebrows look great today." I continued, reaching out to trace one with my thumb. "And your lips? Utterly kissable."

"I dyed my hair today." He told me proudly, shaking it a little in my face.

"So you did!" I ran my fingers through the tousled strands. "It's red and it looks good, although I will always prefer you with black hair. You know, it kind of reminds me of the hair you had during the Time of Sorrow promotions."