008

"I'll be there soon

"I'll be there soon." He said softly into the phone.

"Yeah, I'll wait for you." I propped the phone between my ear and my shoulder as I shoved my things into the bag.

"Okay."

He showed up at my workplace three minutes later. I walked down the stairs to meet up with him. He peeked his head out from the door.

"Hi." He gave me a tiny smile.

"Hi." I smiled back.

Seungwoo grinned as I walked closer to him. I closed the door behind us and stood in front of him awkwardly. He placed a hand on my head.

"Hey." I breathed.

We stayed like that for a moment, simply smiling at each other.

"Are you ready to go?" He asked abruptly, blinking and breaking the spell.

"Y-Ye..."

"Seungwoo!" An excited voice called his name. We both glanced over to see his friend, Hana, running towards us. She pulled him in for a tight hug.

"I'm so glad that we meet again!" She exclaimed, letting go and stepping back. "It's been so long since I've seen you!"

"Yeah." Seungwoo nodded, looking at me. Probably uncomfortable.

"How have you been? You do good?" Hana turned to look at me. "Oh, you have a date." She smiled uncertainly. Hmm, was she faking it? She knew that I was going home with Seungwoo. She held out her hand to me and shook it cordially. I noticed that Hana seemed to act different now, even though she certainly knew that I was going to meet up with Seungwoo. Had she started to hold a grudge on me?

"Are you going home together?" Hana asked.

"Uh, yeah." I said nervously, wiping my sweaty palms on my skirt.

"You look so pretty in that outfit." She said. "Cute and classy."

"You're one to talk." I smirked. I turned to Seungwoo. He was watching both of us with a strange look.

"Seungwoo, your girlfriend is very pretty." Hana said.

"I know." He let out a shy smile. Hana just gave him a look.

"Hmm, I wish you could say the same about me." She said.

He laughed. "You've become very good-looking, Hana."

Hana wrinkled her nose. "I didn't know you guys were serious."

"Why wouldn't we?" He muttered "She's amazing." 

I looked at Seungwoo. I felt my heart pound erratically against my chest.

"She's pretty and smart. She's wonderful. And, whenever I'm with her I feel like I'm at home."