068

Seungwoo POV

"Seungwoo, wake up."

I felt her shaking me as I opened my eyes, groaning.

"Baby, what the hell?" I turned away from her, shoving the pillow over my ears.

"Seungwoo! Wake up! I'm scared." She pinched me.

"What is wrong with you?" I hissed, sitting up. "I'm trying to sleep."

"There's a thunderstorm." She said in a small, hurt voice, avoiding my eyes. "Sorry for waking you up. Just go back to sleep."

A wave of guilt washed over me as I watched her close in on herself, curling up in the fetal position and tucking the blankets up to her ears.

I laid back down, intertwining our limbs until she was flush against me, safe in the cradle of my body.

"I'm sorry." I whispered, pressing kisses down her spine. "Sorry."

An intense flash of lighting streaked across the sky, quickly followed by a rumble of thunder so loud it shook the windows. She started to shake in my arms. I felt tears trickle down onto my fingertips as she lifted my hand and pressed it against her cheek.

"It's okay, baby. I've got you." I whispered in her ear, squeezing her gently. "I'm here. I've got you."

Another roll of thunder growled by us. She gave a little shriek and swivelled around in my arms, hiding her face in my chest. She clung to my shirt, her tears splattering onto my skin as she scrabbled for a grip on me, terrified. I'd never seen her scared like this before.

"Hush, hush." I rubbed up and down her back, trying to soothe her. "It's okay. I'm here. I won't let you get hurt."

"I'm s-scared." She whispered, her teeth chattering.

"I know." I murmured, kissing her hair. "I know you are, baby girl. But you know what else? I love you."

"Mmm." She hummed against my chest, tucking her head closer into me.

"I love you so much. Even more than I love singing." I nuzzled my nose against her bangs, sprinkling her skin with kisses.

"Mm-mm." She disagreed, shaking her head ever so slightly.

"Even more than I love rapping and dancing." I whispered. "Even more than you love wearing short little dresses that turn me on so bad I dream about you wearing them when I'm away on tour."

"Shut up." She mumbled, almost inaudibly.

"It's true." I hugged her close as lightning illuminated the scared look on her face. Another wave of thunder rocked the house and had her scrambling even closer to me, her leg thrown over my hip, pulling me near to her. "I love you more than you love eating ice cream."

"I love ice cream." She whispered; her voice muffled by the fabric of my t-shirt.

"I know you do, love." I snuggled her closer to me, loving the feel of her clingy body against mine. I hated that she was scared, but I loved her vulnerability. It made me feel needed, for once. "I love you way more than that. I love you more than you love Ikon."

"Lies." She pressed a hesitant kiss against my shirt.

"I love you more than you love the beach." I said in a soft voice, breathing in the scent of her hair.

"That's impossible. I love the beach more than anything." One of her hands unclenched from my shirt and found its way into my hair.

"I love you more than anything." I whispered as a flash of lightning let me see her face. She had her eyes closed, a somewhat more peaceful expression on her face.