021

"Seungwoo, I'm so nervous

"Seungwoo, I'm so nervous." I whispered as we approached his parents' front door. "What if they hate me?"

"They won't." He assured me. "Don't worry."

I shot him a look. "Thanks for the vote of confidence."

"It doesn't matter if they like you or not. I'm with you." He held my hand and gave it a gentle squeeze. He reached up to pat my hair, but I pushed his hand away. "We can't hold hands in front of your parents. I'm very scared. I'm not lying, Seungwoo."

Seungwoo stared at me, smirking. "I can't hold your hand?"

"Yeah." I said, letting go of him. "I'm serious, Seungwoo. You can't even touch me at all."

He looked at me for a long moment and laughed. "You're weird."

"You've got sisters as well." I informed him.

"Why? What's wrong with them? They're cool, but they're not that cool." He argued, his feet dragging as we got even closer. "Should I send you to undergo a personality transplant before we walk through the door?"

"Well, if I knew you were open to that idea, I would have considered it more seriously."

"You're adorable!" He cooed, looking like he wanted to kiss me.

"You can't call me that." I glared at him warningly.

"What am I supposed to call you, then?" He questioned, dragging his luggage along behind him.

"Don't call me anything." I patted his cheek, our last touch for three days. "Just my name."

I swallowed nervously as we reached the front door. I'd never went to any boy's parents' house before. I wasn't sure what to expect.

"Seul, make yourself at home." His mom said right before the door opened.

I turned to stare at Seungwoo, eyes wide in disbelief as the door opened to reveal his sister.

"Seungwoo! You're here!" She squealed, throwing her arms around him. He hugged her back.

"I haven't seen you in so long." He said, squeezing her tightly. She coughed and let go of him, looking pointedly at me.

I flashed her my most sincere smile. "Hi, I'm Seul." I extended my hand and she took it in, fluttering her eyelashes. I blinked my eyes, thankful that I'd dress up in a conservative outfit.

"Come on in." His sister invited us, taking my luggage from me. Seungwoo carried the rest of our things into the house, winking at me as he passed by.

I sucked in a deep breath as I stepped over the threshold. I hadn't seen my family in five months. It felt weird, but the house smelled the same as mine.

"You can put your shoes in the rack." Seungwoo's mom said.

"Oh, thanks." I smiled, pulling off my shoes with a bit of a struggle. She smiled back at me, her face lighting up.