013

It'd only been two days since Seungwoo left for Japan, I'd missed him like crazy

It'd only been two days since Seungwoo left for Japan, I'd missed him like crazy. He was really busy. Although he didn't call me yet, but we occasionally texted each other after dinner. Even if it's just only for 2 minutes, I'd lie in my bed and stare at the ceiling, sometimes burying my face in my pillow when his adorableness overwhelmed me. He'd sent me selfies like five times a day and I'd send back maybe one or two.

I was in the middle of writing a report for Mrs. Chae when there's a knock on my desk. I glanced up, curious to see who.

"Hi, Seul." A cheerful voice greeted me. "What are you up to?"

It was Jaehyun.

"Oh." I muttered, continue on where I've left before. "I'm writing a report for the project." I said, not even bother to look at him. What was happening? Why is he here? Is he in the same department as mine? What a nuisance.

"Ooh..you're a busy woman." He came near me to take a closer look on my computer. "Want me to help you with those?" He reached over to grab the mouse, but I blocked him.

"No need!" I said.

"Eh, why?" He asked me, tilting his head. Does he think he was cute when doing that? Sorry, I'm not charmed by that.

"This is my work." I muttered, annoyed. "And we just met. You're the new intern. You shouldn't be poking your nose with this important project unless Mrs. Chae told you so." I said, trying not to be rude.

"It's fine." Jaehyun waved his hand at me, as if to bat away all my concerns. "I just wanna help a friend."

"Are we friends now?" I raised my eyebrows. "When did this happen?"

Jaehyun just smiled. "Listen, I'm hungry now and I think you are too. Why don't we go out and have lunch together? Food tastes better when we're eating with friends."

I sighed. This kind of person was the most annoying type to me. He had a point, though. I didn't enjoy eating alone. And besides, if I'd say no to his offer, he'd come and bothering me again. So annoying!

"Fine." I agreed reluctantly. "Just this once."

We sat at a table for two people. I had been craving some company, but not just anyone's. I'd missed Seungwoo. It'd been only two days, but what was two days compared to all the time we had spent together?

Jaehyun had set up the table with the trays of foods from the cafeteria while I sat down and tried to smile. Missing Seungwoo was not a good way to keep the tears from falling. Jaehyun was here. And he was a perfect stranger to me; it would be very weird of me to cry while having lunch.

"Was the food enough for you?" Jaehyun asked me, pointing his finger to my tray. I nodded. "You eat so little." He said. "I feel like I should take a good care of you."

I stared at him skeptically. Why was he so confident; it made him look ridiculous. "You shouldn't raise your hopes so high." I told him.

"What? Why I shouldn't raise my hopes so high? I'll have you know that I'm very handsome and you'll fall for me." He retorted, flustered.

I studied Jaehyun for a moment. He was tall, with black hair, adorable dimples, a nice smile, and a good sense of style.

"Yeah, you're good looking." I decided. "But you're also weird and for your information, I already have a boyfriend."

Shit. Did I just say that? Seungwoo isn't my real boyfriend, yet. I wished he was. But we haven't moved our relationship forward. I wasn't meaning to tell Jaehyun that. But he needs to know that I'm not interested with him. What if Seungwoo knows about this. I'm a creep. Ugh! I messed up. I messed everything's up!

"You have a boyfriend?" Jaehyun asked me. He looked pleased that I called him good-looking.

"Yes." I said bluntly. "Anyway, why are you so comfortable around me? Why are you treating me food? Why you're acting like we knew each other longer than we had?"

Jaehyun nodded wisely. "Ah, so you're thinking of your boyfriend."

"You're a strange guy."

"No," Jaehyun said, picking up the side dishes with his chopstick. "You just looked sad and I'm just trying to cheer you up." He looked at me kindly.

I stared at my plate. "Yeah." I said quietly, swallowing the sob I felt rising in my throat. "I...um, he went abroad."

Jaehyun said nothing, just eating calmly.

"Works have been keeping him busy and he was there just for a week and I thought I'm going to be just fine, but I found myself crying over that every night." I whispered.

"Well." Jaehyun said, "You can always count on me. I always cheer people up."

After the meal, Jaehyun helped me with the report. Despite my protests. He shouldn't be helping me with that. It was my job to take care of it. I'm dead if Mrs. Chae knows about this. For some reason, Jaehyun and I had become friends. We'd chatted about random things. He told me about his family and his friends. And, he didn't even pry about Seungwoo and I wasn't about to tell him that I'd fake dating an idol for a personal reason.

"Are you feeling better now?" Jaehyun asked.

"Yeah, thanks." I said gratefully.

"How's your boyfriend? Has he contacted you, yet?" Jaehyun asked, curious.

I shook my head.

Jaehyun raised his eyebrows at me. "And, you guys were in a relationship?"

I flushed. "He had a busy life." I said defensively. "And I understand that completely."

"Wow, such a loyal girlfriend!" Jaehyun grinned. "Can I trade you for me?"

"Listen, I don't really want to talk about this." I said, ending the discussion.

Jaehyun nodded and didn't say anything. He smiled.

"Anyway, thanks." I said.

"Anytime." He winked, back to his usual self. "Listen. You're going to be just fine." He smiled kindly at me before he left my desk.

After a while, I was already back home. I kept remembering Jaehyun's word. It was fine. Yeah, right? It was only for a week. He'll be back soon. I'm going to be just fine. I sighed. Chika come close and snuggled against my neck. I hated being alone these days. It had been nice to have some company for once. I pulled on some pajamas and cuddled with Chika.

"I wish it was you I'm cuddling with tonight." I whispered before falling asleep.