047

New Year's Eve

New Year's Eve

"I don't want to go." Aera said sulkily, crossing her arms.

"It's New Year. You have to go." I scolded, pulling her up off of the couch. "Come on, Aera. It'll be fun." I coaxed, handing her coat.

"I don't want to see Seungyoun again." She muttered.

"Hurry up, we're going to be late!"

We trudged along in the snow to Seungwoo's dorm. It was at least a twenty minutes' walk. I keep on chatting about random things to Aera while she's lagged behind, feeling like a sullen teenager.

Twenty minutes later, we were outside of their dorm. I knocked on the door tentatively, wondering who would be home.

Seungwoo answered the door, of course.

"Hey." He greeted me warmly, opening the door wide enough for me to squeeze through.

"Hi." I grinned, peeking inside his dorm.

When Seungwoo invited me to a New Year's Eve party at his dorm, I hadn't counted on Hana being there.

But she was.

She was sitting on the couch, her feet in Seungyoun's lap, laughing at something on the television. Dongpyo had his head in her lap, his eyes closed.

It looked like I had interrupted something fun.

"Come inside." Seungwoo offered, smiling at me. I smiled back and he took my hand, leading me down the hall.

"Bitch." Aera commented next to me, crossing her arms. We were standing near the stairs, watching as Hana clung onto Seungyoun's arm, laughing happily at something he said. "Are you fucking kidding me?"

"What's wrong with you?" Seungwoo asked, turning around to see. "Oh, yeah. I should have warned you that she's here."

"What's she doing here?" I demanded.

"She lives in the neighbourhood. Or used to, at least. She was here before, too." Seungwoo shrugged. "You can go sit there; I'll get us the drinks."

"Thanks, honey." I smiled gratefully at him, then went to go sit down in a secluded corner.

"Seriously." I said, running a hand through my hair. "I kind of despise her."

"Why is Seungyoun letting her touch him like that?" Aera hissed, tugging at my elbow. "Seul, go over there and do something!"

"What am I supposed to do?" I argued. "He's yours!"

"Let's go back." She decided, breaking free of her grasp. She pouted and grabbed my hand. I let her keep it. "I wanna hang out with him but I don't trust him. I haven't trust him since he yelled at me at Hongdae back then."