084

It all started because of a stupid bet. Seungwoo and I were both competitive people. We each liked to be the best and often challenged each other to silly staring contests or whatnot. We got pretty intense about it; we even had a score chart on the fridge. On that particular day, I decided to make breakfast for the two of us and checked out my ranking on the chart.

"Hey...Seungwoo," I said slowly. He looked up at me from his place at the kitchen table.

"What's up, babe?" He came over into the kitchen and examined the chart over my shoulder. I painstakingly counted the tally marks.

"Seungwoo, we've got a tie!" I cried excitedly. "What do we do?!"

He put his hands on my shoulders and leaned over to double check my counting. "You're right," Seungwoo said finally. "Okay, let's have a tiebreaker. Loser has to do the laundry."

"Ugh, fine. But let's have a prize, too." I thought about it for a second. "Winner gets to eat whatever they want for dinner."

"Sounds great. I'm looking forward to some barbeque tonight. Now hurry up and make breakfast. I'm starved." Seungwoo smacked my butt and headed out of the kitchen with a smug smirk on his face.

"That's fine; you can act all tough now." I said. "But when I win, I'm ordering chicken and sprite and I'm not sharing."

"What should the bet be?" Seungwoo wondered. He propped his elbows up on the table and afforded me a generous view of his deliciously muscular arms.

"It's gotta be something good." I wiped my eyes. Cutting onions wasn't something I enjoyed doing first thing in the morning. "Seungwoo, please be happy that I'm cooking for you for once. If this is what you go through every day, I'm really glad that I'm not you."

Seungwoo laughed. "It's hard to be me. But it's fine for me. I don't want to be you. What would I even do all day? Be mean to my nice and kind husband? Read books all day? Forget to eat?"

"Excuse me." I shot him a warning glance from the kitchen. He just raised his eyebrows and grinned at me. "I'm great. And what would I even do as you? Irritate my wife? Try and get her into bed all day? Plus, you're so nice. You're like as sweet as rainbow covered in cotton candy. You tell me you love me like every other second and you're always buying me things and kissing my forehead. You couldn't be as cool as me even if you wanted to."

"Fine!" Seungwoo slammed his hands on the table, irritated. "Sorry for being so perfect. Let's be each other for a day. Maybe then you'll be nice to me for once. Loser do the laundry and winner gets to eat whatever they want for dinner."

"Okay." I agreed easily. "I can be nice for one day. First person to give up loses. When do we start?"

"After breakfast." Seungwoo decided. "I'm so hungry."

"Wait." I said. "Let's make up some goals. If you're gonna be me, you have to do me-like things. If you smile or play along with me when I'm acting like you, you lose."

"Great. Then you have to try to seduce me." Seungwoo grinned suggestively.

"Fine. Then if you're seduced, you lose." I challenged, smiling triumphantly. Seungwoo's grin disappeared instantly. Ha! This was going to be easy.

"Okay! I can handle it. Then you have to tell me you love me and kiss my forehead and be generally mushy with me at least three times an hour. Whoever can make it to dinnertime without breaking character wins."

"Fine!" I agreed, slamming down his breakfast in front of him. It was on.

As soon as we scraped the last bit of food off of our plates we got into character.