039

One night, I heard a knock at my door

One night, I heard a knock at my door. I was in the middle of playing with my cat, but I put her down and went over to the door, curious to see who. Surely, it wasn't Seungwoo. He knew the passcode of my house why would he still knock on the door? Unless, he got drunk. I laughed to myself, imagining the scene.

"Who is it?" I called, unwilling to open the door to a stranger.

"Aera!" A cheerful voice answered me. "I brought food!"

"Oh." I opened the door to find Aera holding about six groceries bags full of containers. "Here, let me help you with those." I reached over to grab a few bags, but she breezed past me into the apartment, deftly slipping off her shoes. I just stared blankly at her shoes. What was happening?

"No need!" She called back to me, wandering into the kitchen. She opened my fridge and started putting things away.

"Make yourself at home," I muttered, confused. Chika kept close to me.

"Did you say something?" She asked me, poking her head out of my refrigerator. Her blonde hair had fallen into her face; she tried to blow it back into places unsuccessfully.

"Yeah. What's wrong with you?" I asked her, trying not to be rude.

"It's fine." She waved her hand at me, as if to bat away all my concerns. "Listen, I made you a lot of food; I don't think you'll be able to eat it all. Why don't we eat some together tonight? You can invite Seungwoo, too. I wouldn't mind. This kind of food tastes better when shared."

"He'd probably be too busy working on their new songs and choreography." I sighed. "Let's eat."

I set the table for two people. Aera set to work heating up the food while I sat down and tried to process about the current situation. It was almost midnight. What was she doing here?

"Is it okay if I use this apron?" Aera asked me, holding it up. I nodded. "It's so cuteee." She cooed, pulling it over her head. "I feel like a princess with all these Hello Kittys on me."

I stared at her skeptically. She was too tall for the apron's size; it made her look ridiculous. I only bought the apron because it looks cute. "You're an ugly princess." I told her.

"What? What about me is ugly? I'll have you know I'm very pretty." She retorted, flustered.

I studied Aera for a moment. She was not that tall not that small, a happy medium, with short blonde hair, adorable cheeks, a nice smile, and a good sense of style.

"Yeah, you're pretty." I decided. "But you're also weird. What are you doing here this late night? Where's your husband?"

"Well," She said. "You can eat this soup now. It's my first time cooking it. Just for you."

She didn't answer my question instead filled both of our bowls to the brim and I filled up our rice bowls.

"And..." She continued. "I brought this." She pulled out a bottle of soju out of the fridge.