079

Seungwoo let me hold him for a long time. I eventually calmed down enough from our fight to fall back asleep with him in my arms.

When I woke up, he was staring down at me with a strange expression on his face. I yawned and his gaze snapped into mine.

"Are you okay?" I asked, my voice rough from sleep.

He carded his fingers through my hair and lingeringly kissed my forehead. I stayed as still as a statue underneath him, trying not to move and scare him off.

"I've been thinking." He began quietly.

"About what?"

"About you."

I swallowed nervously. "What about me?"

"You're a tender blossom." He said musingly. I groaned internally.

"Not this again."

"But you are." He continued. "And I think...I think I believe you."

I laid my head on his chest and pulled him tighter to me. He didn't fight me on it.

"I don't think the Seul that I know would cheat on me. Especially with him. I know what your past experiences with him have been like and I wouldn't expect you to want to repeat them. And I don't think you're leading this secret double life." He added softly. "Which is somehow harder to wrap my mind around than you kissing someone else."

I nodded against his chest and waited for him to continue. I knew he had more to say.

"I love you. I really do." He murmured. "I trust you, I do, but when I saw you in the back alleyway with him, in that position, it was like my reality fell apart and my worst fear came true. I felt like I had woken up in a nightmare."

"I would never do that to you." I whispered, gently kissing his collarbones. "I promise."

"Don't leave me." He whispered. "Hmm? Don't ever think of cheating or leaving me."

"I won't. I promised." I pressed my lips against his shoulder, the soft skin of his clinging to my lips. He lifted his hand and placed it in my hair. My heart dropped to feel the nakedness of his ring finger. I'd almost forgotten he'd given me back his wedding rings, but there they were, lying against my chest, pricking me every so often.

He reached up underneath my shirt and found the wedding ring still hanging from my neck.

"You should give this back to me." He murmured. "So, I can be your husband."

I unclasped the chain from my neck and took out the ring. I handed it to him. He slides it back to his finger and we both stared at it.

"Don't you dare to take off your wedding rings if we ever fight again." I said, dejectedly falling on the bed, flat on my back.

"Promised." He said soothingly. He scooted closer and placed a hand on my stomach. I watched him through half-lowered lids. He hesitated before tugging at the hem of my shirt. "Do you...do you mind if I...?" He trailed off, looking at me hopefully. I nodded my head. He didn't even need to ask for permission, he's the father of the child, after all. Stupid Seungwoo.

He lifted my shirt to reveal my stomach. He laid down and rested his head against my stomach, cheek pressed against to my skin.

"Hi." He whispered to the baby inside. "I missed you, darling. Have you had a good couple of days? Did Mama eat good food at home? Were you happy there?" He nuzzled his nose against my stomach, soft kisses leaving a trail. "I missed you so, so, so much."

A quiet sob broke out from me. He looked over in surprise to see me suddenly sitting up, tears falling from my eyes. He sat up and opened his mouth to ask me if I was okay, but before he could, I catapulted myself into his lap and threw my arms around him, burying my face in his chest, deep, heart-wrenching sobs wracking my body.

"Wh-What?" He stared down at my brown locks, the only part he could see clearly, in bewilderment. "Why are you...?"

"Don't." I interrupted myself with a hiccupping cry. "Don't leave me, Seungwoo. Please, please. Don't leave me. I don't want to live without you."

I felt him patted my back and stroke my hair. "I'm not going anywhere. I promise."

"I need you; I need you." I whispered fiercely into his chest; tears wet against his skin. "Don't let me down."

"I won't. I swear." He scattered kisses among my locks. "I love you so much. I love you, love you."

We clung to each other, kissing each other in places that didn't mean as much as the one kiss I truly craved. I wished he would press his lips against mine and seal his forgiveness, but he didn't, instead settling for kisses against my forehead.

Finally, finally, we broke away, I looked up to him, brown eyes bright and mine was red from crying. We stared at each other for what felt like forever; I lost all sense of time as I realized slowly that I wasn't going to lose him, that we weren't falling apart. He moved, swiftly and suddenly, and met my lips in a gentle, loving kiss. I threaded my fingers through his hair, tugging him closer, closer until we both couldn't breathe.

We parted, panting and I felt like we were still kissing, still locked together in that moment.

"Am I forgiven yet?" I asked softly.

"Yes. You're forgiven." He kissed me quickly, a little sneak of a kiss.

I grinned broadly and kissed him, one small kiss.

"I love you." I whispered to him.

"I know." He whispered back. "I love you, too."