030

I woke up this morning feeling apathetic for the Fashion Week

I woke up this morning feeling apathetic for the Fashion Week. Even if my boyfriend was going to be there. I don't want him to be the model of my designs. I mean, I just don't want to work together with my boyfriend even if it's just for days. As I always tell Aera, "Never shit where you eat." Or the colorful language for it would be, "Keep certain worlds separate for very good reasons."

Issues at work will go home. Issues at home will come to work. It scares me. It is possible that there are two people who will work together and do great things and have great lives. But I'm a woman who plays the odds and the odds are that you could break up, divorce or whatever and you will forever be placed in the "So-and-so's boyfriend/girlfriend, husband/wife" box. And this may cause issues because someone might say something bad about your significant other which then puts weird social strain at work.

In other words, play the odds. Play it safe.

We spent some of the day photo shooting and rehearsing for the Fashion Show. I texted my boyfriend a few times, but we were so busy with the preparations that I didn't get a chance to check his responses. We had all the outfit prepared, so soon as X1 and the other models arrived, they were herded into the dressing room.

Junho and Minhee were the first to be finished with hair and makeup, so they goofed off, filming themselves dancing to random songs. I travelled around the dressing room, searching for my boyfriend. I tried to keep my mind off the fact that even though he was here, I still need to be professional.

I caught Seungyoun's eye for a moment and I knew he could tell I had started to get lost in my gloomy thoughts. He came over and patted my shoulder.

"You know, you're going to have to get used to this. It's always going to be like this. You're going to be missing him more often than you see him. Don't let it affect yourself, okay?"

"I won't." I promised, a soft sigh escaping my lips. I knew his words were true. It was what had me so on edge recently. It was always going to be like this between us. Being away made me worry that he'd forget about me, that the spark between us would burn out, that he would find all of this to be too much of a hassle.

I dialled my boyfriend's number and he answered the call immediately.

"Where are you?" I asked. "I wanna see you."

"Ah...I can't. Hana is doing my makeup." He said. I feel a rush of blood rising to my head. What was she doing there? That's not her job. We're already have the special makeup artists for the models. Oh my god. So annoying!

"Okay." I replied in a quiet voice. "Have fun. I'll see you later then."

"I can come over afterwards and hang out with you, if you want." He offered.

"I'll probably be too busy." I said. "I had to prepare for others outfits. This job is tiring."

"Oh yeah, how's your designing going?" He asked, interested.