t e n

hero's point of view;

josephine hasn't messaged me in a few days, i'm worried.
well it could be anything - i was going to go to her house to check if she was okay but i thought she might think i'm creepy. i feel bad. because the only reason i started talking to her was because of the bet.
yes we bet money on jo.
whoever could sleep with her first gets money.
she ignored my friends.
maybe there was something special about me.
i have found myself attached to her.
this is more than a bet. i genuinely have feelings for her and she makes me happy, she's funny, pretty, she's everything - she is perfect.
i text her one more time.
like i have been doing everyday for the past week, i haven't got any reply - maybe she found out about the bet.
maybe she realised what a fuck up i am and how she could do so much better than me.

me;
hi beautiful, i miss you so much. if you don't want to talk to me, please tell me because you're breaking my heart. yes, you josephine eliza langford. i think i'm falling for you. wow i'm a bit pathetic for telling you this over text message. - i should've waited. maybe this is what will make you come back to me because i miss you so much. i don't know why i got so attached to you so quickly. i just want to know that you're okay.

read.

oh she read it. that means.
she does.
she hates me
she has found out.
i make myself sick.
why did i do this?

jo;
josephine is in a coma.

what. she's in a coma? how? why?
i'm numb, i don't know how to react so i cry. this feels like someone's stamping on my heart and making sure i feel the pain.

me;
what hospital?

jo;
st michaels hospital.

i need to see her now.