f o r t y

hero and i have been on good terms for about a week now and he has started to make an effort with adam - i was so so angry at him for that but he's been making an effort now so i'm not that pissed off anymore.

today we're going to martha's because we're having a sunday roast there, i love her roast dinners so i'm excited - adam is excited because he gets to see mercy's son, ethan - ethan is a few months younger than adam but they get along which is good. mercy is going to be there with her husband sam. noah is going to be there too, hero's bestfriend since he was a kid - hero and noah stopped talking for a few months but now they're talking again which is good, he's coming with his girlfriend - jacklyn - they have a daughter who is 6 years old and a son who is 4. adam has met them both a few times but not many so today is going to be fun for us all.

after lunch, hero reads a book to adam whilst i wash the dishes - i love seeing them together, his making an effort which is warming my heart. what hurts the most is i'm not sure if i'm doing the right thing a lot of the time when it comes to hero and then adam gets dragged into it because i wasn't brought up in a stable home, i wouldn't know.

i go upstairs and change into some light blue ripped jeans, an oversized white jumper and i pair it with my all white airforces - i curl my hair and my outfit looks very cute. i go downstairs and hero is reading our son another book
"come on, we need to get ready" i say to my two favourite boys
"do we have to mom" adam asks me, his accent confuses me because hero's british, i'm australian and even though we've been here since school - we still have a slight accent because of our family and we're living in california.
"yep, we're going to see grandma today" hero says to our son
"cmon" i pick him up , he's gotten bigger - my heart pinches because i realise he's not going to be my little man forever.

i already picked adams outfit out, white adidas jumper with cargo trousers and white adidas trainers, his shoes are so small and it makes me smile.
"hero get ready!" i shout
i change adams nappy and then i change his clothes, he looks so adorable. i pick my son up and take him to the bathroom and sit him on the cabinet thing, i pick up the little spray bottle that's filled with water
"eyes" he says and covers his eyes, we've been doing this for so long it's adorable.
i spray his hair twice and then grab a comb and comb his hair to the side, making him look cuter than he already did before.

hero comes into the bathroom and he's wearing a plain white hoodie thing, black jeans and a black bomber jacket with his airforces - he's copying me.
"you look cute" i say to him, kissing his cheek where his dimple normally is.
"thank you" he says to me, taking the spray bottle from me and picking up his own comb.
"daddy" adam says and points at hero, making hero chuckle.
i pick up my curling iron and go over some curls that i think are going to go straight during the day. i put adam down on the floor and he waddles over to his room. hero stands behind me, resting his hands on my hips.
"you look stunning babygirl" he says to me, kissing my cheek.

i put the curling iron down and turn around, hero moves his hands to my butt and i giggle.
"we gotta go" i say to him, resting my face in the crook of his neck.
"ugh" hero sighs.

-

we're at martha's, hero, noah and sam are all in the other room, the kids are playing - leaving me, martha , jacklyn and mercy together in the kitchen. hero's dad is away for a business trip or something - i'm not quite sure
"how's hero been? any better" his mom asks me
"yeah, better than before" i huff
"next time he acts like that, tell me i'll have a word with him" mercy chimes in
"you should've told us" mercy adds and gives me a hug.
"how're you coping after you know..?" jacklyn asks, she's referring to sophia
"i'm doing better now" i reply
my eyes sting as she mentions it, we don't really talk about it.

i didn't want to say anything to mercy or martha or to anyone because i didn't want to stress them - they have their own problems, they didn't need me adding on to it.

-

we're home now, adam had a good day with his cousins which is good. i had a good catch up with martha and mercy - noah spoke to me and asked if we're all okay now because hero was being distant with hero, it's cute that noah still cares about our relationship.

hero and i are eating mcflurries that we brought, we brought adam an ice cream cone and he ate it in the car.
as soon as he got home and i changed him, he knocked out asleep - i was supposed to shower him tonight but i'll do it tomorrow morning. hero and i didn't eat ours, we put it in the freezer and then we had a bit of fun time.

i wonder when we're going to get married.