f o r t y - t w o

"surprise?" i say, i'm confused.
i cant read the expression on his face and i would like to know what he's thinking but, i'm not going to ask.
he looks like puzzled, i shouldn't have left them in there.
"so you're pregnant again?" he clarifies.
i nod, i'm kind of scared for what he's about to say.
"oh well that's good i guess" he says to me; kissing my cheek.
i was expecting him to shout at me and tell me how i should've been taking the morning after pill.

-

hero's pov;
i don't know what to say apart from i don't want this pregnancy to end like the other one - i'm kind of glad we're having a baby, adam can have a sibling. jo looked scared when she was telling me and that hurt me a little because she thought i was going to start shouting at her. no, it takes two people to make a baby.
i'm happy, i don't know how to show it but i'm very happy. i don't think we should tell people yet because of bad luck and stuff, we should keep it our little secret.

josephine is watching cake wars on tv, adam is sitting beside her which is adorable - they love that show. i said i'd make dinner so i decided that i'm making shepard's pie which is basically beef, mashed potatoes with cheese and then i'm making veggies and garlic bread as well.

adam wanted to watch another episode of cake wars whilst he was eating so josephine and adam are on the couch watching cake wars and eating - i'm sitting at the table, i need some time to think. i don't know what about but i think i just need to gather my thoughts.

i bathed adam and tucked him into bed, jo is in bed - reading a book.
"goodnight" i say to my son and kiss his forehead
"love you daddy" he says to me putting his little hands on my face.
"i love you too son" i chuckle and switch his little night light on and shut his door on my way out.

i walk down the hallway and open our door, jo is sitting on our bed reading a book - her hair is up in a messy bin and she has her glasses on which makes me smile, what makes my smile bigger is that she's wearing my t-shirt that i had on today, i usually leave it on the bed for her and she hasn't been wearing it which hurt me but today she's wearing it and she's taken her shorts off. she looks so small in that big bed.

i sit next to her and rest my head on her chest, jo closes her book and puts it in the drawer of her nightstand.
"can we talk?" i ask her, putting my arms around her waist - my head is still resting on her chest and she runs her hands through my hair which relaxes me.
"do you want me to have an abortion?" she asks me, her voice cracks as she asks me and that question breaks my heart, i would never want her to get rid of our baby.
"no"

"promise me one thing?" hero says
"don't let me act like a dick toward you, if i am - tell me. i don't want to end up like last time" my voice is low.
"i wont" she simply replies, she sounds sad.

"i love you josephine" i remind her.
"i love you too" she mumbles as she plays with my hair.

i don't want her to be sad, that's the last thing i want.
we'll work it out, i gotta sort myself out.
i don't want jo to become depressed like she was and bring her eating disorder back. i want her to be happy with me.