t h i r t y

it's been a week since i gave birth to adam.
adam is asleep in his cot, hero is playing on the ps4 and i'm staring at the ceiling. i'm so exhausted, i genuinely didn't think a baby would be so much work - i knew it would be VERY hard but it's wearing me out. hero has been amazing since adam was born - he's been doing nights and everything, hero only wakes me up if adam needs feeding.

"imagine you didn't bet on me" i say
hero turns around and looks at me, furrowing his eyebrows. i cant help but laugh.
"it's true i would probably dead or something" i say laughing
hero's still looking at me funny, he puts his controller down and moves close to me - he's still sitting on the floor though. his face is close to mine and he kisses me, i sit up and hero sits down on the sofa - i straddle him and he moves his hand to my lower back.
"if i didn't bet on you, i wouldn't be here" he mumbles against my lips.
hero kisses my neck, a moan escapes my lips and hero pushes me down onto the sofa, he's in between my legs and his body weight is on me.
-

hero and i are in bed with adam, he woke up five mins ago - he's being good today.
i have adam in my arms and i'm scrolling through instagram, hero's on his phone. i'm so tired - hero and i had a little too much fun.
"fuck i was so horny i don't even know why" hero says facing me.
i look at him and roll my eyes playfully, i thought adam was going to wake up but luckily he never.
"don't swear in front of him" i say, putting my phone down and slapping hero playfully with my free hand.
"he can't talk or understand what i'm saying"
i roll my eyes at him again and look down at my beautiful baby boy, he reminds me of his dad. his eyes are greeny brown, they're a perfect mix of my eyes and hero's eyes.

soon, adam starts crying which means he's hungry so i get my boob out and feed him - they're so sore but i'm lucky because a lot of moms can't get milk out of their breasts and have to feed their child bottle milk. my mom said it's better if i feed him breast milk if i have it.
"i'm starving" i say to my fiancé
"i'm gonna make salmon, do you want some?" he asks me
"yes please"

-
hero's pov;
i'm in the kitchen, making our food. the salmon is nearly done, the asparagus is done. - i cut up some avacado, onion, tomato into small cubes and sprinkle it with parmesan. i plate it in these huge plate kinda bowl things. i take the salmon out of the oven, take it out of the foil and plate it, with the asparagus and salad. i put a small piece of lime on the salmon on each of our plates and get two forks out from the drawer - i take josephines plate over to our room and she puts our son in the cot - we brought two cots so he could sleep in our room if he was being fussy, we can keep an eye while we're eating as well. adam is probably going to fall asleep because jo has fed him, burped him and changed his nappy in the time i was in the kitchen.

i take my plate to our room and place it on the bed, i go back to the kitchen and grab us a bottle of water each. jo has put netflix on - she put suits on, she's obsessed with that show.

-

"goodnight j, i love you more than you will ever know baby - thank you for giving me a perfect little boy" i say to her, kissing her soft lips. she's half asleep but i know she can hear me.

i fall in love with her more and more everyday.