f o u r t e e n

i just finished curling my hair, i feel pretty today. i'm wearing a white cropped top with light blue jeans which are ripped. i don't put much make up on, just some mascara and some pink lipgloss. i'm ready now, just waiting for hero - i wonder what we're doing.
i get a notification on my phone so i pick my phone up to check who messaged me.
noah? strange, we don't talk much - he's hero's best friend, he's a nice boy but it's kinda strange he messaged me.

noah;
hi jo, hope you're doing okay. i need to tell you this because i can't bear for you to get hurt and  you deserve to know this, it's probably not the right time.  hero got with you because of a bet, a few guys from school betted on you - who could have sex with you first. i honestly thought you two weren't going to end up together but he genuinely does want to be in a relationship with you and as soon as he realised that he had feelings for you, he called the bet off. he said no. i'm so sorry. he does want to be in a relationship with you thought but i just really wanted you to know how he started talking to you.
i'm sorry x

me ;
thank you.

my heart drops, i drop my phone onto the floor and my body is shaking. i try not to cry but floods of tears fall out of my eyes, i knew it. i was right. why?

after crying for ten minutes, hero turns up at my house.
"why're you crying?" he asks me, kissing my forehead
"no" i push him away from me
"you don't get to do that after what you done"
he looks confused.
he thought i wouldn't find out huh?
"what did i do"
"our relationship was based on a LIE. A FUCKING LIE." i shout, i start crying again.
now isn't the most ideal time to be crying.
"no no no you don't understand" he says
"I DONT UNDERSTAND?"
"i called the bet off as soon as i realised i had feelings for you. i was going to tell you but i couldn't you weren't in a good place" his voice breaks
his eyes are tearing up, i hate seeing him like this but i don't care. he doesn't get to hurt me like that.
"hero get out" i say
and he leaves.
i'm left there, crying.