t w e l v e

it's been a month.
last month, i overdosed. not only did i overdose, i tried to cut through one of my veins on my arms - in hope it'd kill me. i mean it never because i'm here.
i nearly died i guess, i'm tired.

i'm home now, i'm in bed even though that's what i've been doing for the last month but i'm tired. i don't know why or how but i don't feel suicidal anymore. i'm glad i didn't die, my mom was so sad. alexa came down from university and that made me happy that alexa could see my mom, josh and hayden. jack was heartbroken, he was there when i woke up and that made me happy - that my best friend was there with me.
i missed jack so much because he is my support, my rock.

hero.
hero and i are kinda a thing but like not really, it's like friends with benefits i guess. we're so close. i had my first kiss. mr hero fiennes tiffin stole my first kiss. after i got out of my coma, he came to the hospital and i don't know - it just felt right.

my mom knocks on my door.
"come in" i say.
she has pizza hut boxes in her hand and hero is behind her, my heart swells. i wish i could look better for hero right now but i am too tired.
"for you" my mom says in a posh accent and kisses my forehead.
my mom leaves the room and hero sits on the bed and pecks my lips ever so softly, he looks so beautiful without trying.
"how's my favourite girl?" hero asks getting into bed next to me.
"i'm tired" i say, taking a slice of pizza in a box
i sit up and smile at him, i'm so glad that i have him in my life. he's built a relationship with all of my siblings, he speaks to jack - it means the world to me.

hero;
we've been here for hours, just catching up on everything. i've never had feelings for anyone like this.
people at school weren't too nice about me being with josephine, i mean we're not actually together yet but i'm planning on asking her to be my girlfriend soon. i needs to be special because that is what she is and josephine deserves the whole world. she makes me happy.
even though i've still got so many girls messaging me, i don't care about them. i want josephine. only josephine.
she finds it funny that girls just throw themselves at them at me and we like to laugh about it.
noah , who is my best friend , he likes jo. they're friends but they're not close.

"thank you" jo says to me, running her thumb over my knuckles , my hand is placed on her inner thigh.
"for what?"
"being here for me, through all of this" she mumbles
my heart jumps.
i'm going to ask her to be my girlfriend now.
it just feels right.
i'm overthinking it, maybe i should wait until i can go and get her a present and stuff.
no.
i need to do it now.

"jo..uh can i ask you something?"
i better not fuck this up.
"will you be my girlfriend?" i ask.
i've done it now, no going back.
she smiles at me and giggles, my heart is pounding.
she's gonna say no.
she's gonna say no.
she doesn't say anything, she just climbs on top of me and kisses me. jo pulls away from me
"and that's a yes by the way" 
and kisses me again, i can't help but smile.
wow, she's finally mine.