f o r t y - n i n e

heros pov;

i'm out for a run, i need to clear my head. i'm not really in the best mental state, i don't actually know why - it's probably because jo is due soon and i don't feel like i can handle it. i can't wait to meet my daughters but i'm scared at the same time, what if they don't love me? running helps me clear my head. i dont think jo needs the extra stress so i'll wait until she's not stressed out till i can talk to her. i'm fed up, fed up of everything and everyone and i want to get away from it all but i can't. i feel bad for jo and adam because i am weak. they need someone stronger, they don't need me.

josephines pov:
hero's in the shower, adam is eating an apple and watching paw patrol. i'm scrolling through instagram, i have nothing to do - so i guess sitting on my ass all day is all that i can do. hero's phone is on the table and it keeps vibrating, i wonder if i should go and give it to him - it must be important. as i pick it up, the screen lights up again. i unlock his phone to check if it's someone important, when i look down at the messages - my chest tightens.
            today at 1:30am.
L; i miss you hero, please

i scroll up in the chat and i see more messages.

L; baby please i'm sorry
hero; no, we're done.
L; i love you
hero; i don't love you, you were just a fling
L; but i love you, please don't do this
hero; no lucy
hero; we are OVER
hero; bye
L; hero
L; you can't do this to me
L; you love me
L; i know you do
L; i cant live without you in my life
L; hero?

my chest hurts, my heart is racing and my eyes are burning. i'm angry, i'm upset, i want to fucking scream. i would also like to jump off of a cliff right now. i look over to my two year old and then to my stomach, i realise i need to stay strong for my children. adam is completely oblivious to all of this and my heart shatters, i thought he actually loved me. i was wrong, he never loved me. i have been living a lie.
"mommy is going upstairs okay?" i tell my son, who is focused on the tv.

i go upstairs and hero is in our bedroom, fresh out of the shower.
"hero" i say, my voice is tense. i'm trying not to cry but i know i'm going to cry after i say this.
i throw his phone onto the bed and that's when he realises.

"ARE YOU FUCKING JOKING!" i shout.
"what's wrong baby?" he asks me, like he doesn't know. like he doesn't know what he's being doing. fucking chewing on me, i wonder how long it's been.
"don't. don't you DARE call me baby." i say to him, i'm shaking now.
"stop shouting you're stressing yourself out"
he thinks i'm going to shut up, he's got another thing coming for him.
"you're cheating on me?" i ask; my voice breaks mid sentence and now i feel weak.
"no i promise it's not what it looks like"

i cant handle this. i really can't, i feel like i'm going to pass out.
"you lied" i say before breaking down. he puts his hand on my back and i push him away.
"don't fucking push me" he growls at me
"you make me sick" i mumble and leave the room, tears are running down my cheeks but adam and i need to leave now.

"adam come on we're going to nanny's house" i shout from his room. i put some of his clothes in a bag, a lot of this things are at my moms anyway so it's fine.
hero comes into adams room and i pretend like i can't see him.
"please can we just talk" he begs
"fuck off" i say to him.

i look up at him and he's crying, we're both crying. but why is he crying when he's the one that is fucking cheating on me?