t w e n t y - o n e

today is the day of hero's birthday party and i'm so excited. i was up late last night, wrapping his presents and making sure everything is perfect. the balloons came yesterday and i had to hide them in the cupboard but when hero went to sleep, i got it all out. the living room looks amazing. we're having hero's birthday in the garden because it's summer and the sun is out so it's gonna be so fun. i cant wait to tell him i'm pregnant, i think im going to tell him now.

hero comes into the living room, half asleep. i'm sitting on the sofa, well i say sitting - i'm sinking into the couches because our couches are massive.
"happy birthday baby" i say to him, kissing his lips gently.
when he sees all the presents, a huge smile is plastered across his face.
"do you wanna open them now or do you wanna do breakfast first?" i ask him
"presents" he mumbles.
hero sits on the floor, his presents. he's so happy, like a little kid on christmas.
the first thing he opens is the lactose jumper; i brought it for winter because he wanted it last year but didn't end up buying it.
he then opens the comme de garçons t-shirt that i paired with some black shorts. i think he's going to wear that today, i'm not quite sure on what i'm wearing yet.
"thank you" he says to me kissing me on the cheek.
i love seeing him happy.

once hero's opened his presents, i start on breakfast. i'm making us breakfast.
i've made pancakes, i baked some chocolate muffins last night, fruit, hash browns, sausages. baked beans, toast, bacon, eggs. the table looks so cute and i'm so happy with the result of the food.

we're eating now.
"did you like your presents?" i ask hero, taking a bite out of my toast slice.
"yes; thank you so much" he says.
"i've got a present for you when you've done eating"

hero and i are sitting on the couch, watching you on netflix but we're going to get dressed in a little while.
"hero i got you another present" i say to him,
"you didn't have to"
"you've spoilt me enough"
i have the pregnancy test behind me.
"here" i pull the test out from behind me and put it in his hands .
hero look at me with excitement in his eyes.
"no way" he says to me
i nod my head
"i love you" he says to me, hugging me
"i can't believe i'm going to be a dad"