t w e n t y - t w o

after i dropped that bombshell on hero, i'm excited for him to find out the gender of the baby.
we've just finished setting up the garden, we're doing the party at my moms house because the garden there is huge.
we have a table for everyone to sit at, with their names on it. we've got happy birthday balloons and a massive 22. i'm so excited for him to see this.
we have music, lots of food tables, drinks and everyone is so excited.

everyone is here now and hero is having the time of his life, i genuinely can't wait for him to find out that we're having a boy. hero is wearing the t-shirt and shorts i brought him, he wore it with some slides which looks so cute and i'm wearing a white flowy dress with some white flip flops, my hair is curled and i look very pretty.
hero is holding hayden.. who is now four. god he's grown so much. look at them both just makes me think how good of a dad hero is going to be. all of his family is here, his friends, the garden is packed.
it makes it feel small. but we're all having fun.
hero, hayden and josh are so close it honestly melts my heart. hero's sister, mercy is here too.
we're sitting on the table, i'm just picking at some doritos while i watch hero with the little ones. hes going to be such a good dad.

i go into the kitchen and bring out the stick with the power, which is going to reveal the gender of our baby and then i also pick up the candles with the lighter because we're going to do the cake.
i go back outside, put the candles on the cake and light them.
everyone goes quite and hero stands in front of the cake with hayden in his arms.
"happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday to hero. happy birthday to you" we all sang.
after we sang, he blows out his candles. i wonder what he wished for.
"everyone i have something to tell you all" i say
"me and hero are having a baby!"
everyone looks so happy, it's so cute. i'm glad that we could share this special with everyone.
they all come and say congratulations to me and hero then everyone moves to the table so i can cut them a slice of cake.

after cake and we've all eaten, i tell everyone to go out front because we're going to do something "special"
"what is it?" hero asks
"a surprise" i reply to him, he is clueless.
"everyone count from three" i shout
"3..2..1.."
i turn the baton and the blue powder comes shooting out.
"we're having a boy" i say.
my mom and hero's mom and dad come and hug me again, everyone else goes to hero and then to me.
hero is CRYING. i cant believe it, he never cries.
"i can't believe we're having a boy" he says, kissing me slowly.
this moment is so special to us both, and our parents.

-

we're at home now, in bed. hero is tired and so am i . i want to sleep.
"i cant wait till he's born" hero says to me, kissing my forehead
"we're gonna have a mini you"
he chuckles.
"goodnight baby daddy" i laugh
he leans over me and kisses me slowly.
"i love you so much josephine langford. forever and always"