Lovesick

Dick Grayson is your all-time best friend, Juggling from his vigilante alter-ego and officer shifts, he would never fail to come to your aid when you needed him the most. You never had a friend who was so loyal.

"Okay, so I got some soup here, (Y/N)." He said, cautiously entering your bedroom holding a tray in his hands; it consisted of a white ceramic bowl as well as a mug and a new box of tissues. "It's your favorite! Then when you're done, you'll have to take the medicine your doctor perscribed."

"A vigilante, officer, and a nurse?" You joked in your weak state. "How did I get so lucky?"

As you were about to sneeze, you immediately made a grab for the tissue box that was already placed by your side.

"Ah-choo!" You sniffled.

"Well, I did pick up a few things from Alfred." Dick boasted, setting the tray down onto your bedside table. "As well as my skillful best friend that just so happens to major in nursing. Those textbooks and lectures really came in handy whenever I felt under the weather or cleaned up all my cuts and bruises. Never needed a trip to the hospital ever since."

Dick finished his reply by giving you a warm smile. You returned the gesture, then proceeded to sit up onto your bed even more; fixing your posture so you could indulge into your soup.

"Aw, shucks." You chuckled. "Store-bought or home-made?"

"Home-made, of course. Chef Dickie's special, just the way you like it."

"You truly are an unstoppable force, Grayson." You spoke through your stuffy nose. You reached out for the steel spoon, scooped the soup's contents carefully, then brought it to your mouth to taste.

"You know Dick, if you were going to always treat me like this every time I come down with the flu, I would try to get sick more often." You teased.

"That's cruel, (Y/N). You're breaking my heart."

"You love me, anyways."

You have no idea. Dick thought wholeheartedly.

Indeed. Beknownst to you, that loyal best friend of yours still keeps his lip shut for a few secrets he was fortunate enough to hide from you.

There was no feature of yours that Dick didn't admire. Whether you were bed-ridden in baggy pajamas with disheveled (H/C) hair and blemishes on your face, or pulling off a stunning designer gown with hair that's been styled for hours and a face full of makeup; you were nothing less than perfect in the man's eyes. Not all the credit was given to your looks however, he was allured by your entrancing personality. You never failed to impress Dick with your intelligence, or the way you were able to crack a new joke to him each time you hung out.

He sure was a goner for you, but he'd never say it out loud.

Not long after finishing your soup and taking your meds, it didn't take much for you to be knocked out cold; resting peacefully while your caring friend washed the dishes and tidied up areas in your apartment that seemed rather cluttered. Being a full-time medical student with a part-time job has some burdens.

"(Y/N)?" Dick said quietly; softly knocking on your bedroom door while slowly creaking it open to make sure he didn't make much noise. "You awake yet, sleepyhead?"

Although the volume of his voice wasn't loud enough to startle you awake, you merely grumbled and shifted your position in bed as a reaction.

"I'm going to take that as a no." He commented in a whisper. Dick's eyes were half-lidded and he gave you a warm smile, adoring the view of your asleep state.