Everybody Talks

You and Dick Grayson were inseparable, to say the very least. Ever since the two of you met donning your sidekick aliases, there was an instant connection the moment you introduced yourselves to one another. You simply clicked like puzzle pieces, were peas in a pod, every single cliché in the book.

Now, the two of you were just as tight as you were in your early childhood. Freed from the restraints of your mentors, the both of you serve justice with the rest of the heroic proteges. It was more than either of you could ever ask for, and it was a paradise neither of you wanted to escape from.

Unfortunately, this week wasn't the case.

"Happy new year, Justice League."

As soon as Auld Lang Syne began to play through the PA system of the Watchtower, you admired the sight of all your fellow members celebrate and bring in the new year by following the age-old tradition of sharing kisses at midnight.

It's about time. you thought in amusement while Wally finally made a move on Artemis. It was no surprise that Connor and M'gann followed, and even Rocket gave Kaldur a peck on the cheek.

Knowing how well things were becoming for your best friend and Zatanna, you were about to step aside to see if you could send a new years' greeting to your parents.

That was, until you felt a gloved hand grip the side of your waist, which made you twirl around; enclosing the space between yourself and the boy wonder as he pressed his lips against yours without much hesitation.

You took a second to fully register what was happening before Robin deepened the kiss further, making your eyes flutter shut and returning his kiss with a small moan.

The sound of someone clearing their throat was enough to accidently bite your best friend's bottom lip before abruptly pulling away.

"Crap." you whispered, looking past Robin, and into Zatanna's fuming cyan eyes.

"Z, it was a mistake! I wanted to kiss you, not (Y/N)! It was just the heat of the moment, that's all!"

You were sitting in the kitchen as Robin was trying his best to apologize to Zatanna; clearing up the little mishap that took place in the Watchtower during new years'. However, each feeble attempt the boy wonder made to get through to the mage, was instantly met with an fearsome fit of rage from the latter's end.

"Yo, (N/N)," you hear a familiar speedster greet you as your face was planted against the counter, trying your best to conceal your shame. "are you gonna defend your man? He's doesn't seem too hot right now."

"Okay, first of all," you hissed, slamming the palms of your hands onto the counter's surface; revealing your annoyed face. "Robin's not my man! Second, neither of us have spoken, let alone look each other in the eye, since that mistake from new years'! Hanging at the cave is the only time I ever feel whelmed, but now, all I want to do is go home and sleep until it all passes over. Ugh!"

As you stormed off, Wally had no issues teasing one last time before you entered the Zeta-tube.

"Did you hear that, Rob?! Even (Y/N)'s starting to use your slang! Your new girlfriend really is a keeper!"

"Shut up, Wall!"

You would've said that you'd much rather be at school, but the truth is, you and golden boy Dick Grayson have been the talk of Gotham Academy; thanks to a particular redhead, known to your friend group as 'Artemis' funny new boyfriend'.

This was ridiculous. You never even spoke to Dick ever since you were enrolled and started attending the academy.

And, as if things weren't already bad enough, it drove your actual crush away from you; all because of a stupid rumour that you locked lips with the ward of Bruce Wayne at new years'.