Chapter 34

Ashton's POV:

I walked back into the waiting room too see my mother and father with the kids and Elena's mother sitting worridly beside my father.

"Is she okay?" She asked fiddling with her fingers.

"Yeah she is alright. She is going through shock which the doctor said is normal for women who ahve this many kids" I said.

"Are your kids alright?" She asked.

"Yes. The last one wasn't. He wasn't breathing when he came out but the doctor said they were healthy and happy" I replied. She smiled along with my mother.

"What were the names you picked?" My mother asked.

"Well for the girls it was Alexis, Emily, and Abbie and for the boys it was Connor, Liam and Tristan" I said.

"Six?" My mother asked. I nodded.

"Stupid pregnancy tests always get this shit wrong" I said. She laughed along with Elena's mother.

"May I speak to you for a moment?" Elena's mother asked. I nodded guiding her away from my parents and kids.

"I just want to apologize for my reckless behaviour these past few weeks. I know I have been a huge burden on you but to be truthfully honest I was jealous. I was jealous that she could have nine kids and I couldn't. I couldn't even conceive one. I know that is no excuse but I feel so awful. I made my daughter feel so terrible these past few weeks and you guys didn't deserve that at all. I was worried you would be wrong for her. That you had ruined her life. But when I watched you stare at her, the way my ex husband used to stare at me, I realized you love her. The way you treat her and those kids are nothing compared to what I thought you treated them and I am so disgusted with my behaviour and I am so sorry" she said dabbing underneath her eyes.

"You married before your current husband?" I asked. She nodded.

"He was just like you. We met at prom and I swear it was love at first sight. I loved him and he loved me. One day when we had sex, I will spare you the details, I took a pregnancy test because the condom broke. It said I was pregnant. When I told him he married me and ran away. Our parents were agianst us but we bought a house here far away from them and ran away. I had the classic hormone issues and the morning sickness but he stood by my side forever. The day I went to get an ultra sound I had a miscarrage. My baby was gone. He wasn't there with me so when I got home and I told him, he was outraged. he took it as I was lying to him about even being pregnant. He went to get some air and got hit by a car walking across a cross walk. He died instantly" she said dabbing underneath her eyes.

"He was the only man I thought I would love until Richard came along. We tried many times but after the miscarraige I knew it would never happen. That was when we decided to adopt. I don't want Elena losing you. You seem very special to her. Don't lose her either. You hurt her I hurt you" she said laughing. I laughed with her.

"I am sorry about these past few weeks. Really. I hope we can start over" she said. I nodded in agreement.

I walked back with her to my kids and parents. My mom instantly started a conversation with Elenas mom. I stared at the kids.

Gabriella and Anastacia had her eyes and nose. Her beautiful eyes that sparkle when she looks at you. Noah had her smile. That adorable little smile that makes her eyes squint and her nose crinkle. They are beautiful. Every one of them. Even when they fight and get on my last nerve, they still mean the world to me.

Gabriella was yawning rubbing her eyes as she struggled to stay awake. She was sitting on a chair with her feet by her chest and her arms hugging them. Her face was between her legs as she closed her eyes.

Anastacia was sitting on my fathers lap. She was turned so her head was leaned against an arm rest and her legs were on my dads. Her eyes were open as she talked to my father. She laughed every now and then. Her smile was like Elena's. They were all like Elena's.

Noah was in between my mother and Elena's. He had his car in one hand as he was pretending to drive it across the arm rest of the dark blue chair. He was making car noises with his mouth and laughed whenever my mother tried to block the car from him. His laugh was so precious.

These kids mean so much to me. More then anyone could imagine. The are my world. If anyone hurts them or makes them cry I will make them cry.

I walked over to Gabriella and sat beside her.

"You getting tired Gabi?" I asked. She nodded releasing her legs from her arms grasp and letting them dangle from the chair. She turned to me.

"Up" she said holding her arms up. I grabbed her and held her the position that Ana was in. I rested her head against my arm and held her feet. I was craddling her like I used to do when she was a baby. She is growing up so fast.

They are growing up so fast.

Her eyes instantly closed and she fell asleep in my arms.

I stared at her. Stared at the way she looked like Elena when she sleeped. I was awoken from my thoughts when I heard the elevator doors open to reveal the evil duo that ruined prom night.