Chapter 37

Elena's POV:

"Wh-What?" I asked.

"You are the women I want to spend the rest of my life with. No one else. Only you" he said.

I was feeling mixed emotions. He want's to marry me? I want to say yes but maybe he is just using this as a way to make me forgive him. But by the looks of the ring, he couldn't have gotten it today. I don't want to just forgive him though. Damn hormones going crazy.

"Wh-When did you get this?" I asked.

"Awhile ago. When we just found out you were pregnant with the seven kids, I thought about marrying you" he said.

"Yes" I replied. He smiled. That wonderful smile I had become so fond of. He got up and put it on my finger. The finger that I had been dreaming a ring would be on since I was little.

After he was done I hugged him while laughing.

"Oh my gosh! I am getting married!" I said staring at the ring. This must've cost so much.

"What?" My mother said. She looked like she was just walking across the hall. I flashed her my ring.

"Oh my gosh!" She said grabbing my hand. "I told you not to make a mistake you would regret" she whispered in my ear. I gave her a playful swat on the arm.

I stared at the ring. It was huge. It was expensive. Too expensive.

"Ashton, how much was this?" I asked.

"You do not have to worry about it" he said smiling.

"When you say that I worry" I said. He laughed.

"Please don't worry about it" he said. I groaned. He was right.

A nurse came in to talk to us.

"You look much better. You don't even look like a women who just gave birth five hours ago" she said. I laughed.

"Thanks" I replied.

"So can you walk?" She asked. I shook my head.

"Well I haven't really tried yet" I said.

"Okay well lets see" she said. She lifted her arm out for me to grab on. I grabbed on it and tried to push myself up. It hurt the first few steps but it got much easier.

"You okay?" She asked. I nodded.

"Okay well I think you can go home in the morning" she said. I walked back to my bed and laid back down.

"Really? That would be awesome!" I said smiling. She smiled and exited the room.

"I think I am going to bring the kids to my moms house to sleep" Ashton said. I nodded.

He kissed me on my forhead and left.

"So. I don't want to say I told you so" my mom said. I laughed.

"I can't belive I am getting married" I said. She smiled.

"Me neither" she said under her breath.

"What?" I asked.

"I am not saying it in a rude way but I never imagined my little girl getting married" she said. I smiled.

"Me neither" I admitted.

"Hey I wanted to say goodbye before I take the kids home" Ashtons mom said walking in.

"Ashton said he was taking the kids to your house?" I half asked. I know what the answer is I just don't want to hear it.

"He just left by himself.. I will call him" She said.

"No. Don't. If he choses to leave" and lie to me "then he can."

Why would he just leave. I thought we were past the lying! I thought this ring meant something. I guess it doesn't.

I picked up my phone to see any texts from him.

Nope.

I basically threw my phone against the side table. My mom jumped in suprise and Ashton's came over to me.

"I bet he went to get something from the car. He will be back" she lied. She started to rub my back but I turned over in response. She left the room. I was facing the wall and couldn't tell if I was alone or not.

I started to cry. I don't even know why. They just fell out. I wasn't upset. I wasn't even mad. I was dissapointed that he would lie to me after he proposed. This ring meant nothing to him.

It means nothing to me.