Chapter 64

Everything suddenly went in slow motion. When I dropped my phone. On the way to the hospital. Seeing her face.

I was currently sitting in a waiting chair, bitting my thumbnail. I was in the exact same chair when Gabi came here. And when Ashton and the kids got in that accident.

Across from me was my father, along with my brother, Brandon and Mackenzie, and Cara. 

I didn't want to talk to anybody. I wanted to be isolated from the world. To be alone and cry until they gave me good news. But that was un-realistic. I can't be isolated nor can I predict they give me good news. 

So the only thing I could do was wait. I didn't want to nor did I have a choice. If I got up I could miss when the doctor comes back and gives us the news. 

Ashton stayed home with the kids. All 13 of them. I got our neighbor to help so he wasn't totally alone for however long I am here.

Brandon and Mackenzie were old now. Like almost 9. I could tell they didn't want to be here. They were bored. Ryan was getting pissy as well. Every little thing irritated him. If one of us breathes too loudly he will lose it. 

I didn't bother to even comment on my mother not being here. I knew she wouldn't. Just because her daughter has life threatening injuries and almost died doesn't mean she should talk to her.

What a bitch.

There were no camera's around me. I told them no episode this week. We need a break. I can't film my sister in the hospital. She needs space. 

As do I.

I was so lost in my thoughts I didn't realize that Mackenzie had been trying to talk to me.

"Elena?" She asked. I looked up and wiped my wet thumb nail on the inside of my hoodie.

"Yes honey?" I asked. 

"Why are you on the TV?" She said looking up. I looked and saw our latest episode with the kids first day of school. Cara and Savannah were in it.

"Gosh I look so bad" Cara said. I laughed. Everyone continued watching the show. I truly looked terrible. My hair all messy. Baggy sweaters and gross leggings. I miss when I could wear crop tops. Now I have a saggy belly and I am too embarrassed to even lift up my shirt. 

"Mrs. Gomez?" I heard. I looked and saw a doctor walking towards us. 

"No Mrs. Gomez today only Mr. Gomez" my dad said.

"Well Mr. Gomez we checked our tests and it seems the cause of the crash was due to Alcohol and an Epilepsy Seizure. Did you know your daughter had Epilepsy?" He asked.

I knew I did because of what happened when I was pregnant with the triplets. I never knew she had it.

"Yes I did" my dad said.

"Well because she was driving while under the influence it caused her to speed at a more higher rate and she crashed into a pole. She has some broken ribs, a broken leg and a sprained wrist" he said. "We did take some tests and we saw something unusual"

"What is it?" I asked.

"Well we want to do a PET scan on her later b-"

"PET scan?" I interrupted. "Isn't that for if you have cancer?"

He put his pen in his pocket and nodded slowly. "We saw some signs of it and want to see how much it has spread but by the looks of her test results, it isn't good" 

"What do you mean isn't good?" I asked. "Like she could die?"

"Elena stop" Ryan said rudely. 

"Not I am not going to stop. Is she going to die yes or no?" I repeated.