Life Companion//T.H.

You were pretty sure Tom hated you. There was nothing that actually confirmed it though, other than your anxiety that made you feel like everyone hated you. It felt like it was a fact that was right under your nose and you would be too blind not to see it. Zendaya would probably say you were making a big deal out of things and overthinking things too much, starting with the simple fact that angels are unable to hate anything or anyone, no matter how hard they tried.

You had just been transferred to a new department two months back, you were in charge of sorting simple records about people on Earth. Tom worked nearby, he was what angels would call a Cupid. They were the only angels allowed to go down to Earth, their sole purpose was helping people find love. Cupids were the most acclaimed angels in Heaven, but Tom in particular, was loved by all.

The first time you spoke to him was the very day you had started working at the department. Tom asked you for the records of a young woman. You had heard a lot about him prior. Many had spoken about his breathtaking features. However, the moment you saw him for the first time, you were left speechless by his beauty. He was glowing, literally. Tom tried to make a conversation with you as you browsed through the records, trying to find the files he had asked for.

The conversation was casual on his end, meanwhile, on your part, you were trying to keep your cool in front of the curly-haired angel while he asked you about your day. That was the first and only time he spoke like that with you. He was already an incredibly busy person, so you didn't expect to see him around often. Either way, whenever you did see him, your conversations were always awkward and in most cases, he'd cut you off and fly away before you could actually finish.

You started to develop a crush on him nonetheless, which you'd usually talk about to Zendaya to try and relieve your pent-up frustration. You had seen the way he interacted with her and with the other angels around him. Words would just spill out of his lips as he made a conversation about anything as simple as the weather. He always smiled too much too and his aura was usually light, but with you, things were the opposite and it frustrated you through a great extent.

Things took a turn for the worst on your end one afternoon. You were calmly eating lunch at your small home when your best friend ran inside, "Y/N, please do not kill me," She pleaded, "I was just talking to him and.. Ah! Tom knows you fancy him," The need to spit all the food out of your mouth at the news was overpowered by your genuine need to cry.

"What did he say?" You wondered shyly, Zendaya shrugged, "He just asked about you. Asked me why Delilah was saying you liked him," A groan of frustration escaped past your lips as she mentioned Lilah. She was the petite angel that worked with you. She was unable to lie and acted like she had a truth serum on her system 24/7. You couldn't get mad at her though, seeing as a lot of angels had quite annoying 'blessings' as you would call them. It still managed to frustrate you to a great extent because you happened to be one of the two angels that weren't blessed with any special abilities.

"Of course it had to happen today. My gosh, I was asked to work through some files with him after supper." You complained with a pout as your wings fluttered gently, a sign that you were even more nervous. She sighed and shook her head, "It cannot be that bad."

"You say that because you already have a life companion," You cry out as you stare back at her. She had just gotten officially united to her life companion, while you hadn't even had your first kiss. Yet again, you were only a kid in older angels' eyes since you were only a hundred years old.

She left later to let you get ready for what you expected to be an awkward encounter with Tom. You had chosen to keep the white sundress on as it was way too warm to even think of wearing a jacket. You looked at yourself in the mirror one last time before flying to the office. Heaven never got completely dark, at least not as dark as Earth and the temperature was always the same during the entire day.