A Relaxing day Fishing

I stared out into the sea. My legs dangled over the edge of the ship as I looked out. I know some of the bunny-kin guards were observing me as I gazed out into the ocean. My mind was spinning. I was thinking about everything that happened to me so far in this life. It was amazing how much I both changed, and I how didn't change when compared to my former life. I knew knowledge that this world with magic would not come to understand until they went down that path. It made me realize how important some things in life were.

I thought about the society the Bunny-kin made with the mash-up of tribes. I thought about it, and the more I did, the more I wanted to have a standing army for the bunny-kin. A professional volunteer army. Many mages warriors berzerkers scouts assassins. Building it into a professional army that could be guided by a sharp hand into our enemies. This was one of the greatest weaknesses of the land I inhabited. The country was no better than a batch of tribes. No better than a bunch of miniature city-states with different amounts of influence. The Dragonic stood as the top Tribe, but they were slowly losing power to us, the Bunny-kin, due to our powerful mages and growing population.

I didn't know all the details, but I knew I might have started something when all my kids came out talents. Most of them in wizardry. Was that it, though? None of them were at the age to try other professions like warriors, scouts, and other powerful professions. It was their natural talent in wizardry that brought many eyes. This didn't mean I wasn't worried, though. My kids were talents, but that made me love them no more or less. I just had the yawning pit in my heart thinking about them at home. Mina's sadly holding onto her doll of me haunted me. All their sad faces haunted me when I dreamed. I started to meditate more and more often. Dreams haunted me too much, disturbing my sleep. When it grew really bad, I would partake in my women in orgies. It was one of the few moments that they were not haunting me.

I watched out into the Sea, watching nothing, and I decided to do something while I was here. "Is there a fishing rod or something on the ship?" I asked the guards. They all looked at each other, and one went to a sailor and followed some pointing from the sailor. Soon I had a fishing rod in my hand that was meant for deep-sea fishing. I was amazed at how mixed the technology was in this world. I tossed out the hook with a sinker on it. I continued dangling on the rail. I was confident even if something pulled me into the water; I could make it back to the ship with my mana.

I stared out at sea, catching a fish from time to time. One of my women would come and engage in conversation while I sat there. I noticed they wanted me to come back to the bedroom. I needed time to think, though, and declined for now. I was going to make them all sopping messes later for now though I needed to think.

A bucket of fresh fish started to grow beside me as I looked out into the sea. I heard in these seas there were larger predators. I wanted to fight or see one if I wasn't lying to myself. Would it be able to fight my magic? How much punishment could it take? These questions fascinated me, and I was questioning it while I continued to fish. I wasn't tired at all while dusk started to set in and night fell. I felt a Fish on my line, and I reeled it in. It didn't take long, and I got it in my hands. I used a slight amount of mana to unhook it cleanly, and I dropped the fish into the bucket. I cast it out into the sea again for the last time today.

I relaxed with my mind empty, and Emily walked up to me and sat beside me. We both just stared out at the sea with nothing said. I don't know how long passed before Emily talked. "Chelsea?"

"Ya?" I responded.

"What do you think of me?"

"What do you mean, Em'?"

"I mean it exactly as I meant it. I grew up near you since I was young. I was older than you, but I worked hard around you. Even in that heavy research phase where you never left the room for months on end." I smiled at that memory. I was chasing the interaction of Thermite spell and how it interacted in the world. It was my first attempt to create an offensive spell. It is also what brought the spell that I used against the Dwarves. It showed I could change the basics of physics in this world only when it came to mana. It was an interesting path that I was still exploring today. "I have been by your side even as I watch you seduce other women. I watched you change a man into a sissy boy. I stay, and I watch doing whatever I can for you."