Negotiator

Every day for weeks, I had been going to see my kids before I continued to work. Talking with my new Bootcamp workers was my major responsibility. I was waiting for more Logistic personnel, and the families were dragging their feet. That wasn't my biggest problem overall, as I found my sisters and brothers now bringing in more information.

I needed various things that the Bunny-kin people needed help to bring in. Or to be more straightforward about it, was the fact that the Bunny-kin tribe was too localized. Tribes surrounded and used us as protection from slavers and other threats. That meant that if I was going to get the space needed for a new Military base, Boot camp, and Logistical base and warehousing area, then people needed to move, or I would need to split everything up to make a new logistical nightmare.

My head pounded at the thoughts, and I didn't have enough time to convince these people to give up their tribe's lands. I was now coming into what I found to be the biggest clusterfuck of interests and resources I had ever known. If I hadn't talked with the united nations in my past life, I would be hopeless in this situation.

To further complicate things, the interest groups around us were allies instead of enemies and would frown upon the fact that we wanted their land. No, I needed their lands, and the only land not currently under anyone's control was by the Elven forest because of the monster invasions. So tribes tended to stay near larger tribes, with the stronger tribes being closer to the cities.

This was the most simplistic version of things, which didn't even bring the elders and my father into the equation. I wanted and needed space to work with, and the only thing I had was a gathering spot outside the city. I started with plans, but the plans couldn't be refined and built upon without the fucking land.

It was a constant loop, and I came to a serious conclusion. I did not have the time to deal with everything. It was a harsh reality, but it was the reality I was dealt with. I leaned back in my chair, pinching the bridge of my nose, and sighed deeply. I couldn't stand this feeling of helplessness that I was feeling because of this. I needed more time and more subordinates that I could trust.

I started to go through my head, thinking about who I could ask to help me and whom I trusted to negotiate. My mind went only to my women, and my thoughts centered on the short list of names I would trust to do it. Rose, Yuri and Alexia. That was the list of people I trusted who had both the ability and trusted to follow my lead on things, and I needed Yuri for her competence as a Secretary. She was in on everything I was doing, and I knew that she was listening in on my conversations to create and bring things to my attention.

It was that very thing that also made her the best choice to be my ambassador to other tribes for land. Then there was Rose, who I had to strike immediately because she was an Elf. That brought me back to Yuri and Alexia, who was in the diplomatic core before I met them. They were both older than me and had experience in the role. My sigh was long and drawn out as I called out, "Yuri! I need to talk to you if you're available," I yelled out as I started to think hard about this conversation.

A second later, the door opened, and the beautiful woman stepped in with an elegant smile on her face. That smile was loaded, and I knew it, but I pointed at the chair, "I want to talk to you as an employee, not a lover, at this moment," I said slowly, my exhaustion clear.

"Oh?" Yuri turned from that loaded smile at her slight anger for me yelling at her instead of sticking my head out and asking her to come in. "That sounds ominous." She said with a different smile.

"Well, Think of it as a promotion," I said instead, making her tilt her head, and I sighed loudly and deeply. "Honestly, I do not know where Alexia is. She hasn't contacted me in the last couple of weeks, even though I would love to see our child. But that is beside the point, and I need to talk to you about it. I need a negotiator, and I need one badly. To make it even worse, I need one that understands what I want and what I need while navigating the political firestorm potentially coming their way." I sighed.