Rising Hope

I tossed my things aside and stormed out of my office. I was at my wit's end and wasn't about to force myself any longer. I finally finished interviewing my relatives and had yet to choose a position for each. After days of interviews, I finished, and I was done. I moved towards the most important location through the Silvermoon tower and opened the doors.

"Daddy!" I heard several excited yells, and my stress disappeared. I couldn't have been happier as Stacy jumped up into my arms, and a cute little bunny girl named Carrot by her mother came leaping up into my arms. I scooped them out of the air and hugged them close. I felt their small arms wrap around me, and I heard more excited squeals as I found my legs and back tackled with more children jumping onto my body. My breasts were grabbed as a little girl dove into them, and I started to use my mana to boost my body as I was tackled from several directions.

Kids started to slip off me, no longer able to hold onto me with their strength anymore, and my legs got more crowded. "Hey, Kiddos!" I exclaimed with happiness they reflected back to me. I couldn't contain my joy as I kissed the cheek of June, followed by Carrot. I started to pick up my kids one by one, giving them a kiss on the cheek and earning some giggles.

"Daddy! You haven't been here the last couple of days?" I heard a sad voice and looked down to see a silver-haired bunny-kin carrying a doll likeness of me that Mina's mother was making for the kids. I scooped up Kathline and kissed her cheek.

"Sorry, Kiddos," I said with a soft smile, "I was busy with work. Some of your relatives need Daddy to help get them out of a problem. I am helping them out with that and so many others. Sometimes that means I cannot be here. But I really wanted to be, so I will be here all day!" I exclaimed and heard a lot of happy exclamations in return.

Many of my kids started to talk at the same time, and I scooped up and put down my kids, trying to kiss their cheeks and hear what they are saying. They loved talking about what their teachers were teaching them and mana. It was the basics, but you could tell that as my old teachers came into the room, they genuinely loved teaching my kiddos and others who could bring their kids here.

I almost melted as Susie showed me her latest fire magic as she conjured it up and told me all about the flames. Her passion for fire was something that I couldn't reach and she would stare at fires all day if you let her. The licking of the flames on wood with the light cracks once in a while made her excited beyond all compare. If she was in my old world, I would be extremely worried for her as she would inevitably be a pyromaniac. In this world, she would be a powerful Fire wizard that would be strong because of that obsession that would be taboo in my previous world.

I hugged her as she continued to talk, but I couldn't only spend time with her. I loved all my little kiddos but never had enough time to shower them with the attention they deserved. I picked her up, and I smiled, showing her my fireball magic. She quickly quieted down before she had an outburst of excitement.

Not long later, I made sure to spend some time with my kids, who were shyer and not as willing to jump on me for attention. Mina loved the attention, and her mother was smiling with unshed tears in her eyes as she watched us interact. I loved Mina and her brains. She seemed to love creating things now and loved making dolls and other things which she started to ask if you could imbue mana into. It seemed that Mina's doll of me was the start of wanting to learn Enchanting, and a B-ranked teacher was teaching her the basics of enchanting now.

They were all so young and developing interests and abilities, all while I wasn't here. I could barely hold back my tears in realization as I listened to my babies talk. They were endlessly energetic as they talked about everything they were learning and interested in. I tried to show affection to all of them, and the mothers watched as I moved from each of my children, trying to shower them with the affection they deserved so much.