Xual

I passed a small amount of time, and I began to fret about the condition of the Embassy tower. The position I had inherited was covering up even more than I initially thought as well. The structure and wey lines were in dire need of maintenance. The enchantments were wearing out, and the ingredients to do defensive spells were not the easiest to come across. All of this added up to things not being in a good position at all.

I scoffed at the paperwork in front of me, thinking about how I abandoned it here to build up into the fortress of work it was now. I needed to plunge Much more time than I wanted to do in order to fix the current problems I found myself in now. That wasn't the worst of it, though. The worst was the actual problems cropping up among the budget that needed addressing.

I heard a knock as I was going over the budgets one last time before I started to make the decisions. I looked up, already annoyed at the interruption to my tackling the problems in front of me. Alexia stood in the doorway, and I realized why she was here. "It's time for the meeting, isn't it?" I asked her, and Alexia nodded. I sighed at the knowledge that I would be pried from the work that was desperately needed to be done. "Okay," I said, getting up from behind the desk and moved with her into the hallway, walking silently with her as I thought about how I wanted to deal with the issues.

I could hire outside help to help us, but that would compromise the Enchantments with the possibility that someone outside might learn what enchantments that we do have. That itself told me that I couldn't do it that way. That meant that I would need to get someone from inside our country. I simply couldn't do it myself with all the responsibilities I had on my plate at the current moment.

I wouldn't mind teaching Asahi and Trisha the art of enchantments, but that would kill too much time. A time that I didn't have, unfortunately. This meant that I would need to bring in someone from the homeland. This wouldn't look good for me if I am asking just after they sent my brother and sister from the tribe. They could have sent an enchanter with them, and I could only tell them the truth that I only received accurate reports now. I would tell them that I was too caught up funding and negotiating with the Demon land's races, but that would be an excuse at best.

I sighed with the problems I created for myself without knowing it. I moved with Alexia, who left me to my thoughts respectfully. When I arrived, though, I entered the meeting room with none of my worries on my face. The Imps looked towards the door, and smiles showed on their colored faces.

The Imps were like the Bunny-kin and took on a variety of different colors in skin tone. They also did so with hair and asking tone even more than Bunny-kin that tended to range from my old world skin pigmentations. Imps, on the other hand, could be found in so many colors I couldn't think of one off the top of my head that they weren't.

The imps were a race that is quite weak in this world. That didn't mean that they were not scary. The Imp lords in the records were just as strong as everyone else and were fiendishly good at using mana. In the F to C rank, they were overall weaker than almost all races. They made up for that with population. The problem was when they surpassed the B rank. Since they were so much weaker in the lower ranks, they made up for it with the ability to use it economically and with ingenuity.

Those with larger mana pools were prone to overpowering their enemies with sheer mana; Imps, on the other hand, try to use as little mana as possible since their bodies couldn't store them mana very well in the lower ranks. When they joined the ranks of B or higher, that no longer reigned true for some reason. The level playing field with how they developed their combat abilities made them scary to deal with in any form of combat, even more so on the ground of their own choosing.

Unfortunately, I never encountered this type of combat, although, Upon further thought, I would much rather not find out from a true enemy. It made me want to fight someone of the same strength in order to learn something from them. I had massive mana pools, but I tore through mana quickly. If it weren't for the fact that I had such an enormous amount of mana, even more than a typical B ranker, I would be much less effective. It was a sad reality that I needed to learn to fix.