Arrogance

The baths here sucked. It was just a one-person tub and that was it. It took an entire meal as well. It ruined the mood and we all just used the water to rinse ourselves off. We couldn't really get clean and we were not exactly happy with it. This was a disappointment, to say the least. We started to the room and the bed was too small for us all. In the end, we pulled out all our bedrolls and made a makeshift mattress across the floor. With everything in the inn we just were not in the mood. The Bath fouled my mood and none of the ladies were in a great mood after except Kate. Kate was happy to get some action at the table.

Sleep was a bit rough over the night and we all awoke in the morning a bit miffed at the accommodations when something hits me. I am traveling around, Why do the accommodations matter so much to me? We have been in a comfortable carriage ride that scares most enemies.

So now we have been living in luxury even though I was supposed to leave it. How was this making me stronger? How was this supposed to accomplish what I originally set out to do? Learn and grow becoming more powerful. I had grown comfortable what have I seen so far? What had I learned?

I have learned but I spent a year in the Dwarf kingdom and did not go far. Rarely we traveled out and I went back to studying alchemy while making gold. Now I have my gold and I had grown soft. Am I stronger? I think so but my experience in battle and travel have not grown. If I wanted to grow stronger while not experiencing anything I could have stayed in the tower. No, I need more life and death situations. Those weak goblins are good to blood Tina but that's about it. Two of our party were also out of commission because I fucked them to inaction. Mally was growing bored I noticed in our fights.

This carriage and things are making me complacent. I have done nothing new recently. I Have fucked my women bought what will now be a test subject for me to try things on. That is it I made more progress in my first month of journeying than I have in the next year. Edward the trainer we had taught us a lot but we had not made use of it.

I felt disgusted at myself for the past year. I had gained but not made use of anything. I grew complacent. Even when I encountered Betsy and the bandits. They were scared shitless but I looked down upon them. I was more caught up in my Lust and even purchased a person that I didn't look at them at all. If one was even relatively powerful even a high D-rank they could have done something to me. My guard was non-existent. Had I grown so complacent? Was I working my way towards my same type of mode as I had in my previous incarnation? If I look back at it the actions of others were obvious.

I grew to look down on other countries there. They all had their geniuses, Their own power. The Americans saw that our school was valuable and that we were advancing too fast. We became a threat long before we noticed that we needed more defense. Then we made Obvious moves that showed we realized our weakness. They were letting us grow so that they could reap the rewards later and take our work. They played the game and lost in the end but it made sense from other points of view. They didn't want to lose their top minds. They wanted their cake and eat it too. This phrase works perfectly. The only thing was they didn't expect a huge doomsday EMP missile capability. That alone didn't even kill them in the end by god's words. No, It was the damage followed up by the leaking of research that threw the world forward decades in technology. There was probably even more under the surface that I never even noticed.

I am so arrogant with nothing to back up this arrogance. This is the realization I reached while sleeping in Mally's breasts while holding Emily. My face became paler and paler as I looked back at my comfort even my arrogant demeanor when facing five thousand against one. I could have accepted help maybe and not come so close to death. I had been confident in my abilities. But when does confidence become arrogance. I have strength and confidence is good. But I am arrogant.