Vampires

Not long later, as I was still in thought about my sister, I heard a knock before the door being opened. I held back an expletive as I wanted some time to think before he entered; instead of any respect, the person sat across me with enthusiasm.

"Hello, Younger sister," I heard my brother's voice. I stifled a sigh from its birth to the outside world and turned my attention to him.

"Hello, Anthony, You are early," I replied flatly.

"Well, I noticed our sister leaving, so I assumed you were waiting for me." He replied with a confident smile.

My eyelid twitched, and I responded, "Okay," and I got up. I exited the room leaving my brother flabbergasted inside. I had no important documents in there, and I turned to Yuri, who had a frown, "Did he annoy you?" I asked.

"He refused to see reason and entered as he wished," Yuri responded, and I followed up, "Alexia still recovering?"

Yuri's frown turned to a smile, "Yes, you focused her a little too hard, although she insists on covering the afternoon." She continued, but I pointed down the hallway taking the conversation elsewhere while I heard the door open behind us. I put up an air barrier, knowing he couldn't pass it until we went up a staircase. "Is he going to be a problem?" Yuri asked as we went out of sight.

"Shouldn't be if he can get his head out of his ass. That is the problem, though. He seems to be entitled, thinking he can do whatever he wants. That isn't true, and I can't have him around thinking he can negotiate. If he does, then things will go south if he tries to promise something I cannot fulfill. Now is the best time to put him in place." I told Yuri without holding back.

"Should you be saying this all to me?" Yuri asked.

"Doesn't matter who I tell it to. With the way my brother is being, it wouldn't take a wizard to find out that there are problems between us. No, it is better to make it common knowledge." I told her and others as we walked down the passageways could hear us. None of the corridors of the embassy were bare.

"Tell my brother he can meet me tonight. I need him to realize I am his boss, not the other way around. You can tell him that too. We can reattempt this as many times as he feels the need to disrespect me. Now, I believe there are Vampires to meet today." I said, changing the subject.

"Yes, Today you will be meeting with the Patriarch Goldblood and Matriarch Silverfang. They are looking forward to the meeting." Yuri told me; Her smile was bright.

"Good, Are they here already, or should I go to the basement to organize?" I asked Yuri.

"They are here; Everyone has learned that you can be early or late depending on the direction of the wind," Yuri replied.

I winced as it was an apt description of my availability. It was one of the reasons why I had to let my brother and sister come. I was trying to fit too many appointments into not enough hours in the day. My mind centered quickly, though, and I nodded. "It is bad that I have that description but understandable. As long as I have the reputation of being there at some point, then I can deal with it. I will show the Vampires more favor and show up early." I said.

Yuri chuckled, knowing that the only reason I ever show up early was that something finished earlier than expected. "Good thing I have been leading you to them the entire time," Yuri replied as she stopped at another meeting room. I gave her a wry smile.

I then entered the room; inside, I saw two Pale people. The race that feeds on other races; The Vampires; They're an interesting race that followed a rigid hierarchy. These two were very high up, only under what they called Originals. Still, they were very insular and tended not to allow their information to leak to others.