Weaknesses

I stood outside the meeting room.

I looked at the walls of the meticulously decorated walls of the embassy. I saw none of the splendid decors, though. My anger was burning like a furnace that could melt iron bars into steel. I almost felt my skin turning red with the pure rage I felt. This anger helped no one when I wanted access to my children in the future.

I wasn't a good father, and that was something that I knew. I helped take care of them with the family's gold. I never felt right about this fact, though, and the pain of those thoughts fueled this anger to burn even brighter. I could feel a howl of rage burning in my throat as I desperately wanted an outlet to throw my anger.

My thoughts settled on the previous ambassador and found that maybe later, I would have someone to release my frustrations on. The idea sent a shiver through me as I thought of torturing someone. It was the thought that seemed to slow the flow of my anger. It began to cool as I realized that I was willing to lash out at anything at this moment just to let it out.

I was a diplomat, though. These negotiations meant too much, and I was risking too much with this anger. One thing I said in there was perfectly correct, though. The Queen could do whatever she wanted when it came to my children. I could do nothing since my nation would require me to sacrifice in order to save more lives in the upcoming war.

I bit back a curse as the true thought went through my mind. My responsibilities continued to get in the way of my ability to be a father. It cut into my heart like a sharp needle. All those years ago, as I went around impregnating women without thought bit me harder than I ever thought it would. Each child that was out there would take a part of my thoughts. Now I was increasing that number without learning anything from my previous mistakes.

My children were even entering the negotiation tables now as I had to fight for them. I felt like I was about to enter a custody battle back in my old world. Only here, there was no child support. The last thought made me give a dry chuckle, and I moved to the side before leaning against the wall.

My anger seemed to cool down as the random thoughts entered my mind. The small memories I have of my children flooded my mind. I remember the time I forced into my schedule to spend time with them. Their cute smiles with silver hair surrounding their faces almost haunted me. It was for them that I was here right now; I was securing my position as Heir of Silvermoon tower. I wanted to give them the best position and future possibilities. It was painful, though, that I couldn't see them.

I loved research, but I missed their faces and smiles. Their mothers with caring looks towards them as they talked about their toys. It was something that I only had snippets of. Tears filled my eyes as I thought of them with the little number of memories I had. The pain hit my heart as I thought of each child I had interacted with. The tears streamed down my face, and I wiped them away, letting them enter my silver fur.

I let the memories roll through my mind like I hadn't let them happen in a while. The pain was there, but so was that happiness. When I came back, my little girls would all be older and so much smarter. How would they react to their absent father? Would they be like I was cold and detached? He was never in my life at one point until I was in my twenties. Our conversation was stern and to the point.

With every fiber of my being, I didn't want that to happen. My father provided the best he could for me with cold calculation. My race was superior to my brothers and sisters. When I created too many mistakes on my journey, creating potential problems at home, that position came under question. My father was that cold, calculating type that I believe was incompetent. No, not incompetent. He simply didn't care for those outside his own thoughts. This was worse, in my opinion, as the Bunny-kin had much potential.