Shopping Spree

Things changed. The women around me all started to get excited that I was back, and my days became a flurry of motion. I would wake up in a mass pile of bodies that I fornicated with the night before. I would dig myself out with moans surrounding me. I would then clean myself up and dress in my usual attire, except now I had them in various colors now. The black one cut a nice look, in my opinion.

Next, I would bring myself up to continue to get briefed on the dynamics and our attachment to the Demon lands. I looked at the maps we had and noticed the fastest travel times was by boat. There was a road connecting our countries, though. The Demon lands have many luxury goods with a vast territory. The largest on the continent. They spanned the southern area taking a large amount of the southern coast. The capital was in a unique area defending the center of their politics. This capital city was surrounded by mountains on every side except the coast. Only one land route out a large canyon went through the west side of the mountains. This made for a hideously strong defensive place. On the other side of that mountains came vast swaths of farmland and small towns to accommodate that. Over centuries the Demon Lands have taken land with the patience route. They wait for everyone else to be busy then take low hanging fruits. This has worked extremely well for them up to this point.

Being led by all races in their constitution, the government made it so that everyone was treated equally. This did not mean there were not factions as well inside. Like the Vampires, some were looking to expand more rapidly with a growing population in their lands. The people felt secure, and war did not look down upon it since they have had a long history of winning. Something told me, though, that the reason where their capital was spoke of losses as well.

There was then the conservatives that wanted only to pick low hanging fruit to expand. This policy has worked for centuries for them. This was lead by the Watchers. They prided in the long tradition of victory and think the past policies are perfect for today's policies. I had several problems with that thought pattern, but I couldn't argue with the past couple of centuries' effectiveness on their policy.

The third faction lead by the Devils surprisingly was the Neutral faction. They took it, though, since it gave them more power. Both sides would come to them to take their side. So, in the end, every time a new policy came out, they would always reap some type of benefit that they wanted. This spoke of intelligence that I wasn't expecting from people who loved to fight. This was one of the main sections I would have to convince to join our war effort. Without the Demons, we would be hard-pressed to bring an end to the Empire. It also wasn't like the Empire didn't have allies of their own either.

There was a good chance two of their almost subordinate nations would join them. These nations would definitely join in if the Demon lands did. The possibility of them joining in anyway, though, was eighty percent. This meant we were better off with the Demon lands joining us. The big kicker was how the Kingdom of Arlin came in. They were aggressively neutral, and the Northern beast mountains have been at war with them. If we attacked the Kingdom of Arlin, it would hurt. I also think the Dwarves have allied with them in some compacity. This meant all our borders except the coast would be under threat.

As I was instructed and briefed on the dynamics, I listened and read everything carefully. Many things were going on, and everything underscored how badly we needed the demon lands on our side. The Demons have a love-hate with humans too. Though, the thing is that slavers tend to stay away from their lands due to an increased security presence. Most of their races patrolled the borders more thoroughly and ran military patrols across major trade routes.

As soon as I saw this, I wanted it for my country. It wasn't apart of our countries internal dynamics, though. We were separated into tribes, and excepting national defense, we were quite separated. The power was distributed weirdly as well. No one reigned supreme but the Dragonic since technically we are squatters here for several centuries. This made the problem of consolidating power hard too. We were like separated states with no federal level. We had foreign policy dictated to us by various tribes as well. Bunny-kin being one of the main powers, but we were not the most powerful.