The Loveknot Failures

My mind burned with possibilities after learning that Mana could become something permanently. It went against the grain of what I thought was possible in this world. That made me realize that Queen Mira could make illusions which were just as real as the real thing. It was a power that I couldn't understand the depth of and what was holding her back.

Was this a power that all A rankers could do? Or only wizards of certain types? What about A-rankers like the Warriors? How could they ever fight with Wizards if they could create wonders like something from just the energy called Mana? Who would ever be able to stop them when you could probably create entire Cities? What stopped them from doing much more?

There were so many questions it brought up that I didn't know the answers to. I had to forcefully stop myself from considering as I sat in a brand-new office. Yuri was happier with her office as well now that she was officially in charge as an assistant to me. What my new title was being changed to as the leader of a new form of the military was up to debate, and so was her title until we started making some headway.

That title would become an honor or disgrace, depending on how well I did my duties. Today was an important occasion, and I had to firm my will. Today would be me interviewing the first failures my mother and father would be sending. I didn't know where my mother was, but I doubted that I would hear from her for a bit. She would be solidifying her foundation with her new abilities. It was something I probably should have done more with my Mana vortexes when I first became a B ranker. I am sure it is much more necessary for an A ranker than a B ranker.

A knock on the door suddenly woke me from my thoughts, and I turned to look at the door and answered with a quick and short "Come in!" before settling into my chair.

The door opened, and I could see Yuri sending in the first Silver haired bunny-kin. She was just a little taller than I was but with Double D breasts that looked a little out of place on her. I looked at her for a couple of moments as she stepped in and looked her up and down. I could feel her mana, which was on the edge of C rank. At almost any moment, this woman could break into the B ranks and just lack that certain enlightenment that comes without notice.

She looked older than me, and her expression was one of excitement to be here. "Hello, Sister Chelsea." She exclaimed, "I am the oldest daughter of our parents, Janice." Janice said.

"The oldest of my sisters," I said, my tone a little flat looking at her. Anthony was the oldest male child of my parents; I couldn't remember if he was the eldest. "So, just a little younger than Anthony?" I asked, and Janice frowned.

"That arrogant brother of ours is older than me." Janice almost snapped before she blushed and looked down. Her face paled as I watched her, and I realized that she was afraid of retaliation since she didn't know about my relationship with Anthony. I looked at her seriously, and I wondered about her personality.

"Look," I said, finally breaking my silence, "You are my sister, but when I was talking to Father," I began with a white lie since it was more implied that I needed to be harsh, "I was told that I have to be hard on all of you. Not because I want to be but because my father demands it as such. So I am going to tell you something that I will tell every sibling and cousin that will be entering my office, Janice. I am expecting your best!" I demanded, emphasizing with my fist hitting the desk to make her listen. "I will be making so much space for achievements for not just you and our siblings to lose the title of Failure. I will be doing it for all the Elder's families and some of our society's wealthiest members. You will have the privilege of commanding and leading talents in a logistical army that we are making. You will be leading others while finding and helping talents." I told her, looking at her, "What I need at the end of just a couple of months is a large unit of educated managers moving those ready to fight to bring supplies to our fighting members. You will have to fight and die in some circumstances in order to get those supplies to the front. Do you understand what I am talking about?" I paused only for a second before adding, "I am not a fan of Anthony myself, but I will not tolerate attacking others to try and bring yourself up."