Repeat Performance

I talked with Elder Greggory late and ate dinner with him. Still, after a conversation with him, I had hope that I would get the people that I needed in order to bring my promises forward. Soon I would have to reach out to other tribal leaders using my Elders as a point of contact. The goat-kin dog-kin and many other tribes were my focus as they mingled with the Bunny-kin often and were in our sphere of influence. They were almost slave tribes with the exception that they had A rankers to defend their sovereignty.

The tribes without A rankers and only B rankers had to bow to those with A rankers. It was the law of the jungle in this nation and one which I would be overturning with this army once it had A rankers who were loyal to a nation instead of a tribe. This was what would take the longest time and was important around the eighteen hundreds in my past life's history. It was the concept of a national identity that was missing from the Beast-kin nation as each tribe defended itself and its territory.

Still, I was filled with hope as the day turned, and I went to a clearing outside the city with my Lich Tyler. She was grinning as she looked at me, and we walked into the clearing which Queen Mira told us she would protect for us. I didn't want any spells to hurt the surrounding area. I didn't need to cause irreparable damage to areas around the city, even if it was underdeveloped. That was something else for me to think about but not now as Tyler readied herself.

She was in a loose black dress now with a smile on her face as the wind blew around us. Queen Mira wasn't the only one here, as my mother had come to watch. It was a small audience, but it was a powerful one that could help in an emergency. Additionally, my opponent was invincible, although it would take time for her to return if I completely destroyed her body. I wouldn't want to do that, but it was also the reason that I wanted to duel her over Florine or my mother.

The wind blew in my hair, and I remembered back onto the ship what I had done to myself. There was power in converting my body. A lot of power, and it was mana intensive. That was the biggest problem was how mana intensive it was, and only through practice and further understanding of this reality-altering ability could I learn.

There were other things I also wanted to try that I didn't think of before. I needed to stop relying on generalized mana manipulation. Although I didn't understand much about rifts, I knew I was underutilizing them for those brief moments. I essentially turned myself into a rift. I even used some of my abilities in other things but didn't think of transferring them to others.

It was a shame, and I had to change my mindset. I had many things to be doing and two new divisions of a military that never existed in this nation. But I still had to make time to further my power and understanding. To develop a fighting method of my own and spar with it. I would have to kill with it, and I would need to kill many with it in the war to come.

All of this was for my children.

I changed my current mindset, took a deep breath, and looked at Tyler, "Don't hold back," I said to her. "Do your best and worst to me. We have a war coming, and I don't want to be among the first casualties."

"Of Course, Chelsea," Tyler replied. She brought up her staff, and those rotten orbs started to float around her. I heard my mother say something in the distance which I couldn't hear. It didn't matter either, as I had to concentrate on what was before me.

In reply, as she started to prepare for combat, I started to move mana through my body and meld with it. My blood became fueled, as did my hair, and it started to rise as I concentrated on everything. I started to feel lighter, and my muscles started to move according to my thoughts. I started to bounce lightly on my heels and shot forward, opening a rift in front of me to close the distance. A rift opened not far from Tyler, but she reacted quickly and instantly sent a rotting ball my way.