'Couple' Argument

A week passed on this ship. I cast an enchantment on the fish that I caught to slow its rate of decay. It would take fifteen times as long. As long as I kept it powered. It wasn't easy to keep something decomposing enchanted. I heard there were necromancers in this world, and I was wondering about their craft. I could slow but no stop the decay. How did they do it? It was a question that I would ask if I ever met one.

I wasn't particularly interested in the craft, though. It was more of a passing interest than anything else. The galley continued moving at a slow pace. I looked up at the small single mast and knew most of the ship's space was for the oars below. I was disappointed with the level of seafaring technology in this world. It wouldn't be too difficult once I am in the proper position to change this. It would revolutionize the trade for our country and give us a head start on new lands. We could conquer new lands then. This would start a new era, probably. It would also increase my hold on any government position I am in. Regardless when I started to take place in the government after being an ambassador, I would need to cement myself in the people's hearts.

If I was to do this correctly, I could cement myself to be not only the best in history, but I could give myself free rein. This meant I could do things that would otherwise be shunned. This would leave me more and more benefits in the end if I did things correctly.

"Well, I lived better than my parents did so... My life is better than what it used to be... Our nation has progressed, and we now suppress them..." These are the thoughts that would forgive anything someone would see as bad. Although I didn't think there would be many things that I wanted to do that would constitute 'Bad.' They would be unethical by my predecessors' standards. This came down to wanting to do experiments on prisoners and things like that.

This world was unique in a way that my previous wasn't. One thing was that if I wanted to make a bank, I would actually need to put the gold in a safe place with A rank battlers atop it. These could be wizards or warriors, but they needed to be there all the time. This world was to the law of the jungle. Most lower dredges of society stayed there due to a lack of talent or education. There were probably many talents missed just because education wasn't there for them. For example, take my little Susie, and I felt a pang of guilt, but she was an Extreme talent in Fire magic. Going the pure route. She was only found because she was my daughter.

I honestly was surprised even our own Silvermoon Tower was not equipped to find talents or have them reported to us. The best people could hope to find a wizard to recommend their child or take them as an apprentice. This wasn't even considering how much a normal person with an education was worth over someone without it. The more I thought about it, the angrier I got. I stopped staring at the mast and went into the captain's cabin, where I saw Rose with the bitch-boy husband.

"What?! You're mad that I am treating you like this?!" I realized something was up as I entered the cabin while the rest of the ladies were getting sun on the deck. I stayed silent as I heard his voice.

"They emasculated me, Rose, as are you. I just want to be treated a bit nicer!" He spoke back, and I noticed his voice was more feminine than I remember.

"Do you remember the time where you forced my family by publically telling the governing body we were engaged when we were still in negotiations? Everyone knew we were in negotiations, and you came out saying they were over. Your family was only briefly above ours in the Elder counsel due to political maneuvering over those trade laws. Our family couldn't fight back without a struggle hold over our businesses, and your family ruthlessly took advantage of that to lock you to me. I remember that. Do you think all those years where I wanted to gag every time I was forced to kiss you in public was nice for me? Do you think when you forced me on your bed and had your way with me was nice for me? Stop me when I am at a point where you EVER TREATED ME NICELY! You think now when you are at your lowest; I give a SHIT!? Do you know how many times I contemplated suicide while I cleaned up your messes? I never counted, but I know it's more than fifty times I stood at the edge of that house, staring down to the forest floor, thinking to end my miserable existence. You KNEW IT TOO! I told you once at my lowest points. YOU FUCKING LAUGHED IN MY FACE THEN FORCED YOURSELF ON ME!"