Ignited Passion

Bubbling happened in the background as I precisely measured and cut the stalks of Fire Vine. I triple-checked my measurements and smiled as I moved over to the bubbling flask as I watched it. Inside was what they called in this world Burned Vorline. It was a plant named after its founder, and it was found in the dungeon in the fire section. It was a grass that melted at high temperatures, almost like it was metal—one of those fascinating things in this world that I wanted to explore more.

I wanted to create more sophisticated equipment to explore the organic metal I didn't see in my past world. I knew some organics had strength like metals, but they didn't act like this grass that was soft to the touch when cold. It was fascinating, but it had nothing to do with what was so interesting about it.

If anything, I pulled took the Fire Vine that I just measured out, and I continued to observe as the boiling started to reach the exact point, and I dropped the carefully measured Fire vine in. I instantly followed up with a stopper as the Fire vine landed in the boiling Burned Vorline. The Fire Vine instantly incinerated and turned to ash as it landed in the boiling Burning Vorline.

I moved to make sure as I watched the ash land on top of the Burning Vorline. The bubbling continued, and the ash slipped in, blending slowly into the Burning Vorline. I had reached the critical stages of the potion I was making as I watched closely. As soon as the ash blended in after some time, I took out the stopper, and the liquid reacted to the opening. I quickly tossed in more Fire Vine and reapplied the stopper as I used mana to stop the liquid from splashing out. At the same time, I allowed some of the waste Vapor from the last Fire Vine to escape.

All this happened as I stopped myself from being too concentrated on it if I needed to protect myself if all this went wrong. If I did one thing wrong, it would blow up in my face, and there was a good chance of disfiguring myself in some way. I smiled as I watched, but I had to do this five more times. Then came the most worrying part came next.

I watched and repeated and repeated over hours as the potion brewed. Each time that stopper came of, the chances of explosion increased, but I continued with practiced movements as I put in the last of the Fire Vine into the Burning Vorline. The brew had turned into a fiery red, and I smiled as the ash started to brew into it without mishap. I moved over to the table and grabbed the final ingredient that would bring it all together.

Fire Apple chopped into five parts, and I grinned, looking at the rare ingredient. It was the last part of the last potion I needed to make on my contracts. I had put all my other work aside for this, and it was the most expensive potion of the lot. This next part made me grin nonetheless despite the explosive repercussions if I messed up at this point. I moved, and I took those smaller parts and refined them into even smaller portions until each bit was the size of a fingernail. I grinned, and I turned to the brew as everything was ready.

The mixture only had one step more after this part, but that was something I didn't even need to be around for. No, This last mixture would be the final part where I could fail. I grinned as the last bit of the ash mixed into the Boiling brew, and I moved. I took the Fire apple portions and popped open the flask using mana to do the same thing as before. Instead of continuing in the same way, I threw half the Fire apple in instead watching it incinerate, and held the gas in before tossing in the other half. The potion started to release flames inside the flask as all the ingredients reacted together. Instead of stopping the reaction, I let up my mana at the perfect time and allowed flames to blast out once like a furnace before I corked it all up, taking it off the heater and starting to stir the potion by rotating the flask in my hand.

The inside moved, and I fire roared inside the flask, but the heat died down quickly as all the ingredients blended together. I watched as the flame died down as the Fire Apple mixed into the mixture I had made, and I grinned. The most dangerous point had passed, and I moved the flask over to distill the potion on a new heater while I stirred it slowly.