You Ain't Shit

August

I made it inside and headed upstairs. I opened our room door and Desire was asleep. I headed for the shower and stripped outta my clothes. I turned the water on and stepped inside. I let the water slide down my body. My mind kept replaying what happened and I inwardly cringed at what happened. I felt my tears mingle with the water running down my body. I was hurt because I had hurt my wife in a way that I never thought possible.

I grabbed my rag and bodywash. I washed my body thoroughly and then I got out. I dried off and wrapped the towel around my waist. I stood in the mirror and looked at myself. I was so disgusted and dissappointed with myself. It was hard for me to look in the mirror. I walked out and dropped my towel. I found some black basketball shorts and slid them on. I stood back and watched Desire as she slept. I was so blessed and I had everything that I needed here at home. She was amazing and I fucked all that up.

I sighed and walked over to the bed. I slid in behind her and pulled her into me. I wrapped my arm tightly around her waist and buried my face in the crook of her neck. She stirred and snuggled more into me.

"You're home. I missed you." She said in a sleep filled voice.

"Yeah baby I'm home. I-I missed you too." I stroked her hair.

"Oh Day wanted to stay the week with your mother. She got his ass spoiled." She laughed lightly.

"I know."

"Goodnight baybeh. I love you Desire always have and always will."

"Goodnight and I love you more than you will ever know."

***Two Days Later***

"Desire I'm headed out. Come and gimme a kiss."

She came around the corner and jumped on me. I placed my hands under her thighs and sat her on the counter. She traced my lips with her finger and stuck her finger in the small dimple in my left cheek.

"Girl you so damn goofy at times."

"Yeah but you love it."

"That I do." I leaned in and kissed her on the lips. She wrapped her arms around my neck and played with the hair at the nape of my neck.

I pulled back and smiled down at her. She smiled up at me and I got lost in her eyes. At that moment I realized just how guilty I was. I still hadn't told her yet. Everytime I tried to tell her the words would get lost. I was afraid to tell her. I really needed to tell her before she finds out through somebody else.

"Desire when I get home tonight we need ta' talk about something."

"Okay baby. Well you better get going. I love you."

"I love you too." I pecked her lips one more time and headed out the door.

Desire

"Okay class I will have the results of your test next class and also we will be in the lab. That means don't come in here with your good clothes. Drew I'm talking to you specifically because I don't want you crying about your J's"

"Aye Professor A I gotta stay fly for all these h-women."

"Drew."

"Yes."

"Sit down somewhere." I chuckled and he grinned.

"Well that's it for today. You guys can leave." I turned and headed behind my desk.

Everybody had headed out except for Kylie. She seemed a lil off today, like something was bothering her. I looked up at her and she got up making her way towards my desk.