Like A Boss

Sylvia

I walked up the stairs to GSU. I got stares from people around me. I was dressed to the nines. I had on creamed colored Vera Wang pants suit with my Vera Wang pumps. My hair was pulled back in a chignon and I made sure my makeup was on point. I held my clutch and walked through the halls as if I owned them. I made it to the door that said Dean Jeremiah Alexander.

I knocked and I heard him say come in.

I walked in and stood by the door and stared at him.

"Hello Alexander."

"Sylvia?"

"Its been a long time hasn't it? I smiled and took a seat in front of his desk.

"I was surprised to hear that you wanted to speak with me. What can I do for you?" He placed his hands on his mahogany desk as he narrowed his light brown eyes.

"Yes I know, but let me get straight to the point of what I wanted to meet with you about." I sat my purse in the chair next to me and crossed my legs.

"Please do." He flourished his hands.

"Its about a member of my family that attends here. She is a great student and I understand that there are some issues that took place a few days ago."

"Who is this student?"

"Kylie Smith."

"Ah I see. Well you do understand what happened with her is not tolerated here at GSU. Therefore she has to go before the board."

"No that's where you are wrong Alexander. See from my understanding you took a students word for it when you didn't investigate the situation."

"And how do you know this?" He narrowed his eyes at me.

"I know a lot of things. Like I know how you got this job and how it would be so easy for you not to have it."

"What are you talking about?"

"Alexander you seem to have amnesia, but I will refresh your memory. You falsified information on your record to get this position. You forget that my husband knew about your dirty lil street life. How you ran the biggest drug cartel in Atlanta all the way to LA. You had judges and other officials on your payroll. Now does that refresh your memory?"

He looked at me like he had seen a ghost, but he was looking at the one and only Sylvia Monroe.

"Now you can either forget this non-sense or I can easily have your position revoked because last I checked you still running your drug cartel even behind this desk. So take your pick." I stood and grabbed my purse.

"Sylvia."

I turned and smiled.

"I knew you would see things my way. Have a good day Alexander." I walked out like nothing had happened.

I don't understand why people mess with family because I got too many connects that will blow a lot of people off planet earth. Now I'ma sit back because I know that somebody ain't gon' use they common sense like always.

I stepped out the door and went straight my car. I deserved a lil vacation, but I was gon' wait until I got the word that Kylie was still in school. I called August to let him know that my work was done and Kylie didn't have nothing to worry about.

I live for shit like this and love it.

Desire

August had left and I slipped on some nurses scrubs and headed out. I was going to pay Ky's mother a visit. I know August gon' kill my black ass, but hell it is what it is. I got in my car and with my bag and started the car, backing out. Her mother's name was Karen Smith and I had called and made sure that she was still there.

I was in deep thought when my phone rung. I looked at the screen and it was my husband. I sighed because I knew that if I didn't answer all hell would really break loose.

"Hello boo."

"Wassup baybeh? Whatchu' up to?"

"Riding around. How is work going?"

"Good. I'ma need me a massage when I get home tho. You think you can handle that?"

"Babe you know I gotchu."

"I miss Day. He just don't fool with us no more." August said laughingly.

"That's cause your momma and my parents got him spoiled rotten."

"True, but I'ma get back to the business and I can't wait for us to go to LA."

"I know right. I love you."

"I love you too." I hung up the phone and pulled into the hospital parking lot.

I parked and got out. I smiled because I fit in so well. I made my way to the elevators and got on hitting the floor I needed to go to. I leaned against the wall and looked up at the numbers changing. Finally it hit the floor I needed to be on. As soon as I stepped off the elevator I ran right into Drew.

"Mrs. Desire. What are you doing here and why are you dressed like a nurse?"

"Oh I was working on something. How is Ky?"

"She doing well, but she is just ready to get out of here. They want her to go to counciling, but you know how stubborn she can be."

"I know. When I get done I will talk to her."

"Thank you and I appreciate all that you have done for her."

"No problem." I walked away and waited to see if Drew was gone. I looked back and he was gone.

I looked around discreetly, but nobody noticed me. I pushed the door open and stood by the door. She looke my way and her eyes widened in fear. She searched for the nurses button, but she couldn't get to it.

"Karen I wouldn't do that if I were you." I walked over towards her bed and stared at her.

"So how are you feeling? Are you feeling any pain?" I smiled and pulled my latex gloves outta my pocket along with a syringe.

I smiled at ther and held the sryinge in my had as I continued to stare at her.

"Karen do you know how it feels to be held down and fighting for your life? Do you know what if feels like to be beat and raped?"

"P-please." She said above a whisper.

"Oh now you wanna beg for your life when your daughter begged for hers." I snarled my nose up and took the cap off the syringe.

I looked at he drip that she had running through her IV and right now she was receiving Morphine for pain. I had mixed Oxycodone and Codeine with a lil formula that would numb her and paralyze her permanently.

"After today you won't be able to hold nobody down. Never fuck with people that I care about Karen because my mind ain't right when you fuck with me and mine." I injected the needled inside the IV and placed the cap back on once I was done. I placed the syringe in my pocket and walked out just as I had came in.

Surprisingly nobody was watching. I smirked to myself because she was going to feel very high and then she was gon' feel numb and wouldn't be able to move nothing. She wasn't gon' remember a thing because I made sure I worked the hell out of the creation I made.

I'm going to see Ky and then I'm going to head home to my husband. I don't guess nobody will ever learn that you can't fuck with my family and think there won't be consequences.

Sometimes you gotta be like a boss to let'em know what's real....

Welp there you have it. I wonder what's going to happen next.....

Excuse mistakes and errors!