Secret Revelations

Sylvia

I stood in the middle of my living room floor as I looked around at everyone. I knew the information that I was about to drop on them was gonna be surprising, but it had to be done. I noticed that Desire and August hadn't got yet, so I wasn't gonna start without them being here.

"Have any of you talked to Desire?" I looked around at everbody.

"Um, yeah she said that she would be here a lil late." Renee said.

"Alright well I will get started as soon as she and August gets here." I took a seat beside Lawrence.

I looked around at my family and I realized that I was blessed to have such a loving and devoted family. I had been through a lot, in fact we all had been through a lot. I was glad that I was getting stronger and better everyday. I was glad that Renee and Lawrence was taking good care of me. I listened as conversation milled around the room and I saw how for once everything seemed like is should be.

I looked up when Desire walked in, but I was confused because August is usually right by her side. I had a feeling something was quite right with this scene and I was gonna find out.

"Desire where is August?"

Oh he uh-"

"I'm right hea." He said as he stepped in behind Desire.

I watched how they acted all stiff and acted as if they were strangers to each other, but even still you could see the love. I also sensed a great deal of hurt and pain surrounding them. I saw the longing look in August eyes and I saw the anger and hurt in Desire's. They stepped insided and she was about to sit near her parents when August ushered her to one of the loveseats to sit with him. She pushed her hair outta of her face and I noticed she didn't have that big ass rock on her finger.

"Momma now that everybody is here can we get started." Renee asked.

I rose, but I kept my eyes on August and Desire. I had a feeling that something went on pretty heavy for her to not have on her wedding ring. I shook it off for the moment, but I was gonna be on top of what the hell was going on with them.

"Well I'm glad that everyone could make it and you know for me to call y'all together it really has to be something important. I smoothed my hand down my lounge dress as I looked around the room. I met eyes with Renee and then Lawrence. "I don't know how to put this other than to say it, but I'm not Renee's biological mother. I adopted her at birth because her mother had a drug addiction. She was my best friend, but she was my sister."

Desire and August as well as David looked shocked. Renee was shocked as well because she didn't know that Janice was my sister. I saw her blink back tears as David consoled her.

"Lawrence is my biological son and Renee you are my niece."

"Grandma why didn't you tell us until now? I mean this is all a shock, given I knew about Lawrence, but everything else just, I can't even find the words." Desire said as she looked at her mother.

"Mama did you know?"

"I did, but I just didn't know her sister was my mother. This is all new to me. Now it makes since because I always wondered why after we got married your last name was Monroe and before I got married my last name was Roberts." Renee said as she stared at me intently.

"See I went through a lot to make things happen and one of the things I did was got my last named changed to fit in more. At the time it made sense to me, but now I realize I should have been honest then. I'm sorry for all the secrets, but I had to tell it all. Lawrence encouraged me to do so and then after my healthcare I realized tomorrow not promised to us. So that means no more secrets from any of us." I looked around and my eyes landed on Desire and August.

"Well momma regardless to the situation I'm still appreciative because if it wasn't for you I would be somewhere in foster care. Its obvious you did what you did outta love and I respect that. You always been a strong woman and I admire your strength."

"I'm glad that this is all out in the open now. Now we can continue to move forward and enjoy our lives." David said as he squeezed his wife's shoulder.

I smiled and claspsed my hands because I was in a better place with myself and my family, but first grandma gotta figure out what the hell is going on with my favorite couple. They barely said two words to each other and that wasn't normal for them at all.

"Momma we about to head out and I will see you this weekend." Renee kissed my cheek and hugged me tightly.

"I love you.

"I love you too."

"Momma I'ma head out too." Lawrenced stated as he kissed my cheeks.

"Okay baby. I will talk to you later. I love you."

"Love you too."

I turned and looked at Desire and August. They looked like they were going throught it real bad.

August

This shit was crazy. A blind man could tell that we were struggling with one another. I hated this shit with a passion. It was killing me and not matter how hard Desire tried to play, I knew she missed me. I knew my gangsta grandma could tell something was off and it would be a matter of time before she questioned that.

She rose from her seat and I couldn't help but admire her beauty. She stared down at me with an unreadable expression, but even still I could see the hurt in her eyes.

She turned and walked over to her grandma. "Grandma I'ma head out, but I will talk to you later." She hugged her and pulled back. She turned heading for the door and I jumped up.

She walked out and I walked out behind her. I saw Sylvia look at me intently as I followed her out the door.

"Desire."

She turned and tucked a strand of hair behind her ear.

"What August?"

"I miss you." I took a step closer to her.

"Aug-"

"Desire I miss you so fuckin' much. You don't know how I wake up in the middle of the night and reach out fa' you. I can still smell you all over our bed. I'm dying inside knowing I hurt you this way. Baybeh you gotta know I'm so sorry. I know you need some time, but I'ma give you all the time you need cause a nigga ain't gon' lose you."

She didn't say anything, but I saw a tear escape down her cheek. I reached for her and pulled her into me. I loved this girl more than anything.

"We gon' get through this because regardless of everything I know you still love me and I love you too."

She pulled back and made a beeline for her car.

"De-"

"August I can't do this with you right now."

I walked up on her and backed her into the car. I placed our foreheads together as I gripped her waist. She looked down at the grown and I lifted her chin.

"Desire you and I are inevitable. I know what I did was wrong, but everyday I'm beatin' myself up cause I know I fucked up, but I'm get us back on track. Be'lee dat." I pulled back and kissed her forehead touched her cheek.

I walked off and headed to my range. I watched as she got in her car. I had to go holla at Twan. I couldn't stop the smile that crept on my face. I was gon' get my wife back and it wasn't nothing a damn thang nobody could do about it..

#teamAug&Desire......

Y'all I'm sleepy as hell so excuse all mistakes. Aug claiming what's his and next chapter Ned and Aug gon' have some words. There will be a part two to Secret Revelations