Wedding Bells

Twan

"Man I'm nervous. I think I need a shot of something."

"Twan shut up nigga. You can't get married tispy." Aug said as he smirked.

"Nah bruh I'm on edge. I love Ned. God knows I do, but I feel like I'm bouta hyperventilate." I went and sat in one the chairs where we were getting ready.

"I been knowin' you fa' a long time Twan and I feel like it's more to this than being nervous."

I sighed and rested my arms on my legs as I held my head down. I was nervous because Ned's mother wasn't coming to see us get married. Her father was coming, but her mother wasn't. Her father told me an hour ago and Ned doesn't even know.

"Aug Ned's mother ain't comin' and she don't know. This shit gon' crush her. For years she has been seeking her momma's approval, but she don't approve of nothing and she sure as hell don't approve of me. Hell within the last few months her momma just started takin' to Ty."

August looked at me like I had just spoken anotha' language. I knew the shit was crazy, but some of these mother's do the most and don't care if effects their kids or not.

"What tha' hell up wit these momma's man? I mean you know that Desire's momma couldn't stand my ass and now I'm her best friend."

"I don't know, but the shit is sad."

I looked up when a few of my cousins walked in with my father. I stood up and my dad gave me a hug. He looked at Aug and gave him a hug. My cousin's stood off to the side and waited for my dad to say what he had to say to me.

"Son I'm proud of you. You have done well for yourself and I admire you. You gave me and your mother a precious grandson and now you are marrying a beautiful woman that loves you dearly. I thank God for the man you have become and I know you will be a good husband to Nedra."

"Pops I appreciate. You taught me well and I look up to you as well as admire your strength. Love you old man." I hugged him and he chuckled.

"Love you too son, but fyi ain't nothing old on me. Pops still got that motion in the ocean."

"Pops really." I smiled.

"Aye Mr. Mills you my nigga fa'real." August dapped him.

I shook my head and my cousins, Gavin, Maurice and Cory came up saying a few words to me. I looked over my shoulder and my lil bro came in.

"Wassup lil bro?" I hugged him.

"Nothin' big bro. A nigga glad to see you makin this official." He smiled.

"Hell its about damn time." August interjected.

"Go to hell Aug."

"When you and Netra gon' tie the knot?" I asked.

"I don't know, but its around the corner. We just found out she was pregnant last week."

"Congrats Tony. Just get ready for them damn moods and cravings. Also she gon' be horny as hell and when she want it she want it."

"Twan her mood swings already in full effect and its killing me."

"Tony its only tha' beginning so get ready my nigga." Aug added.

It was about thirty minutes before the wedding started and we chopped up, but I still couldn't get it off my mind that Ned's mother wasn't coming.

Nedra

"I can't believe in a lil while I will become Mrs. Nedra Mills. I just hate how I acted with him a couple weeks ago."

"Girl it be like that, but one thing I learned is that you can't let your insecurities creep in a ruin a good thing. I know its easier said than done, but its like it be all too real that someone loves you and only wants you, especially after you don' been with a bunch of shit." Desire said.