Date Night

August

"Desire come on!" I yelled upstairs for the fifth time. I walked behind the sofa and leaned against it. I looked down at my phone and scrolled through Instagram as I waited for her.

I don't know what the hell she was doing, but she was taking all day. I kept lurking how I always do and finally heard her come downstairs. I looked up and I bit down on my lip because she looked so beautiful.

"Damn Desire you look beautiful."

"Thanks."

I grabbed her hand and twirled her around.

"I take it that you like."

"No I love it."

"Thank you. You look good."

"I do don't I?"

"Dude must you be so conceited."

I shrugged and pulled her to me. I wrapped my arms around her waist and she wrapped her arms around my neck. She looked up at me and smiled. I bent my head and kissed her neck.

"You smell good baybeh."

"I always smell good."

"Yes you do." I pulled back and pecked her lips a few times.

"You luh me?"

"Yes I luh you."

"Do you luh me?"

"To the fuckin' moon and back."

She placed her hand on my cheeks and brought my head down for a quick kiss before we headed out. Once we got to the car I opened the door for her then I walked around and got in. I backed out and started down the road. I would look over and steal glances at her. I was a blessed man to have somebody by my side like her. She was one of a kind.

"Where are we going?"

"Desire if I tell you it won't be surprise. Just sit back and enjoy the ride."

"Okay." She smiled.

"I love to see that gorgeous smile on yo face."

"Keep doing what you do and you will always see this smile on my face."

"Oh trust I'ma make sure that I do." I grabbed her hand interwining our fingers.

The car ride was silent and I knew that Desire was in deep thought about something. She looked out the window at the passing scenery and I knew it had to be something really heavy.

"Desire you okay?"

"Yeah I'm fine." She turned and looked at me.

I let it go for now, but before this night was over I was going to find out what was going on. I pulled up at the Chateau Elan and parked. I chose here because it was a winery as well as a restaurant. I got out and went to help her out. I placed my hand at the small of her back as we walked inside.

As soon we entered the hostess knew who we were.

"Mr. and Mrs. Alsina, its a pleasure to have you dining with us. Follow me this way."

We followed her and were seated in the private dining area that I had reserved. We sat and the hostess sat our menus down and told us that our waiter would be with us shortly. I kept staring at Desire and I knew she was probably aggrevated with me looking at her how I was.

"August what are you staring at?"

"I'm staring at my beautiful wife. I can't stare at'chu now?"