Happy Times

August

We sat in the room waiting on the doctor to come back confirming that Desire was pregnant. I don't know why she never knows this shit. She always be doing so much that she never thinks about being pregnant. I always be the one that notices. I looked over at her as she scrolled through her phone. She was so beautiful and at times she was blind to how beautiful she is.

"Desire I don't see how you didn't know you were pregnant."

She looked up at me and smiled.

"I kinda thought it, but you know how I be. I was so involved in everything around me that I never took the time to see if I was. Hell the way you been dicking me down I knew it was soon going to happen."

"How do you think we gon' manage tho."

"August I don't know. That's one of the reason I wanted to wait, but I feel like things happen for a reason. I'm actually happy about it tho."

I smiled because she had a whole new attitude about this and I was happy as hell. I hope this time we have a lil girl although I'ma keep her away from these trifling ass niggas.

"What are you smiling for babe?"

"A nigga just happy and so in love with you." I stood and walked over to her.

I pushed her thighs apart and stepped in-between them.

"August what the hell you doing?"

"Gimme a kiss."

"Hell no. Take ya ass back over there and sit down." She pushed at my chest.

"I will when you give me a kiss."

"I hate you bruh."

"I know you love me. No gimme my damn kiss woman."

She leaned in and gave me a quick peck. I mugged the hell outta her and she laughed.

"What? You said give you a kiss and I did." She pulled at my hair.

"De-

"Looks like I'm interrupting." Dr. Kendall said.

"Oh naw I'm tryna get a kiss from my wife, but she being all stingy."

"Really dude. Okay I'ma remember that."

I moved from in-between her thighs and turned around. He was smiling at us.

"So Dr. Kendall is my gorgeous wife pregnant?" I folded my arms across my chest and waited for him to say if she was or not.

He looked down at the chart and then back to us.

"Congratulations! You are five weeks pregnant."

I turned and looked at my wife and she had tears in her eyes.

"Baybeh why the tears?"

"I'm just so damn happy."

"Aw my baybeh all emotional."

"Desire I will have your prescription for your prenatal vitamins out front. Take care of yourself and if you have in questions or concerns come in. See you next month." He smiled and walked out.

Desire pulled back in-between her thighs and stared at me. She placed her hands on my face searching my eyes.

"August I love you so much and being able to share this moment with you again is a blessing. We have been through some shit, but nevertheless we made it through. I'm so happy and thankful to have a wonderful husband like you." She leaned in and kissed me deeply.