Deadly Truths

August

I stood and looked through the glass at my son. I felt helpless as I watched his lil body with all the tubes running in and out of his body. He was swollen from the fluid in his body and he didn't even look like my son. I finally pushed the door opened and walked in. I stared at his lifeless body and something went all through me.

Seeing your child going through so much pain is heart breaking. He didn't deserve this, but once I got to La'Ain'tgon'live, she better be ready. I touched Day's cheek and I felt a tear slide down my face. This pain was too unbearable.

"Day I need ya ta' come back ta' us. Its so many thangs that we need ta' do ta'getha. You a lil G and I know you gon' pull through this hea. I miss ya lil buddy and love ya." I kissed his forehead and squeezed his lil hand. I just stood there and stared at him hoping and praying for a sign.

I turned to leave and David walked in. He looked at me long and hard, but didn't say anything. I knew he knew it was more to this whole situation, but right now I couldn't explain everything. Desire and my son were my main focus as well as putting a bullet right between that ho's eyes. I feel no remorse and I'm not about to show any.

"August I'm not gon' get all into what I think happened because you already in enough pain, but if you hurt my baby girl anymore than she already has been then we gon' have some problems. I gotta a lot of respect for you and we as men make some of the most terrible mistakes and don't realize the consequences. I know you gon' handle this, but I hope this has been a lesson to you. Women out here are crazy and obsessed with what they want and can't have. And whoever she was August, I know that's the case." He walked over to his grandson and I walked out heading to Desire's room.

I was just about to open the door when I saw Nedra by her bedside. I stood off to the side and watched Nedra talk to her as he held her hand. I knew this shit was killing Ned because Desire was the sister that she never had. They were thick as thieves and Ned was lost without her bestfriend. So was I.

I took a deep breath and walked into the room. Ned turned and looked at me as tears streamed down her face.

"You know what's crazy about all this August?" She stared at me and smiled weakly.

"What?"

"She was on her way back home to you. I had talked to her earlier that day and she told me that she was gonna surprise you. God I could choke the shit outta that bitch. I hate crazy ass bitches that think a man want them and they don't. Regardless to the situation that wilder beast know you love your wife, but in her mind she thinks you love her in the way you do Desire." She turned back to Desire and stared at her.

"I'ma give you some time with your wife and when you get done come and see me. I gotta a plan of action for you thanks to your wife."

I looked at Ned in confusion, but I nodded. I walked over to the bed and looked at Desire. I would take my last breath for her and give it all up for her. That's how much I loved her. I pulled up a chair and sat there and just stared at her. I wanted and needed my wife back. Hearing Ned say that she was on her way home made what I was feeling so much worse. I clenched and unclenched my jaw cause I wasn't gon' show no mercy.

I grabbed her hand and rubbed my thumb back and forth across it.

"Baybeh if it wasn't for my fuck up you or Day wouldn't be in hea' fightin' fa' ya life. This shit hea' killin' a nigga bad, but I know I gotta be strong. This hard fa' me seeing you hea' again because nobody can't stand to see a yungin happy." I grabbed the chair beside me and sat down, not letting her hand go.

"I rememba' when we first me and how we met. We didn't like each otha." My mind went back to that day we first met.

**Flashback**