Umbridge

Draco's POV

"Why don't you tell her man?" I heard Blaise ask as we waiting for the girls.

"Because I prefer my heart beating safely inside my chest instead of being held next to my screaming face" I tutted.

She'll find out when I want her to.

To be honest.....I don't know how she will react.

Just before he was about to answer, we heard the girls coming out of their room.

"Come on Boys, can't be late for Dumbledore's all inspiring speech" Sasha laughed and (Y/n) chucked after her.

Blaise and Sasha were in front of us holding hands, whilst I wrapped mine around (Y/n).

(Y/n)'s POV

"Do you think they know yet?" I whispered to Draco.

"That they are in love with each other?.....nah" I chucked.

We heard Blaise speak up as we neared the great hall.

"I wonder what whack was hired to be the defence against the dark arts teacher"

We all laughed, knowing that the last couple teachers have been awful....except Lupin.

"No one can been Lockhart, he was truly awful" Draco commented.

We soon got seated and looked up to the teachers table......

Only one person stood out.

She was wearing fluorescent pink.....it actually burns my eyeballs.

"Good evening, children. Now, we have two changes in staffing this year.
We're pleased to welcome back Professor Grubbly-Plank... who'll be taking Care of Magical Creatures... while Professor Hagrid is on temporary leave.

We also wish to welcome our new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher... Professor Dolores Umbridge and I'm sure you'll all join me in wishing the professor good luck.
Now, as usual, our caretaker, Mr.
Filch, has asked me to remind you..."

Dumbledore was interrupted by 'Umbridge' as she cleared her throat and made her way around the table and to the front by the Headmaster.

"Thank you, headmaster, for those kind words of welcome. And how lovely to see all your bright... happy faces smiling up at me.
I'm sure we're all going to be very good friends."

I could hear the Twins mutter loudly a "that's likely", we she clearly heard.

I had to muffle my chuckles under my hand.

"The Ministry of Magic has always considered... the education of young witches and wizards to be of vital importance. Although each headmaster... has brought something new to this historic school... progress for the sake of progress must be discouraged.
Let us preserve what must be preserved... perfect what can be perfected... and prune practices that ought to be prohibited."

The Headmaster began to clap which caused everyone to follow.

What a load of waffle.

"What was all that?" The Slytherins all chuckled quietly as Dumbledore continued his interrupted speech.

"I already hate her" I said whilst glaring daggers at this 'Umbridge' woman.

She soon saw I was glaring at her, and was quick to avert her gaze.

'I'll have to keep an eye on her'