Parseltongue

After everyone had filed out of the room, I saw the trio rush away to Godric knows where.

"I'll see you back in the common room" I said to Draco and his posse.

I quickly followed the trio, only to spy on them, also to get some blackmail on them.

They entered their common room, luckily, I knew the password....don't ask how I know, let's just say I have a few gullible Weasels.

The fat lady in the portrait looked at me and glared.

"What are you doing here young lady, shouldn't you be with the rest of your snakes" she sneered.

"I came to check on a friend of mine" I winced at the term friend.

She huffed and slumped in her chair. "Password?"

"Caput Draconis"

The painting swung open as I heard a door slam shut.
I ran over to it and placed my ear on the door.

"You're a Parselmouth! Why didn't you tell us!?" I heard Weasley shout, most definitely at Harry.

"I'm a what?" Stupid useless Potter! How could he not know!? He was talking to the bloody snake!

"You have the ability to talk to snakes!" Know it all Granger, don't know how she knows! She's a muggleborn, she shouldn't know anything about the magic wor-...

'where did that come from, I'm turning into Salazar!'

"-set a python on my cousin Dudley once...once! But so what I bet loads of people here can do it..." I only caught a few of Potter's words, he must be the furthest from the door.

"No, they can't! It's not a very common gift Harry, this is bad!" Excuse me mudblood, but at least us Parselmouths have a talent!

'Who does she think she is!'

"What's bad, if I hadn't told that snake not to attack Justin-" it's true Harry was only trying to help.

But the snake didn't listen, your welcome Potter for helping you out...you...you...boggart faced toad!

"That's what you said to it!" And the weasel speaks again!

"You where there you heard me!" Potter sounds wayyyyyy to desperate if you ask me.

"I heard you speaking Parseltongue! Snake language!" If I wasn't mistaken, shouldn't they be helping Potter understand...instead of accusing him of things he clearly doesn't know about!

"I spoke...a different language....but I didn't know...how can I speak a different language without knowing?"

I feel like I should barge in and tell him about Parselmouths! For Merlins sake, my mother taught me about it, and my sister helped me understand it!
Didn't his parents tell hi- oh yea...oops.

"I don't know but it sounded like you were urging the snake on or something..., listen to me Harry, there is a reason the symbol of Slytherin house is a serpent-"

That's cause Salazar was a Parseltongue! I didn't need to hear mudblood tell me that.

"Now the whole school is going to think you're his great great great grandson or something!"

But he was out in Gryffindor, clearly he isn't!

"Well what about (Y/N)? She was talking to the snake! She made it stop and look at her!" Why are you bringing me into this Potter, I helped you!

I pressed my ear closer to the door to hear more clearly.

"Harry, people already think it's one of the Riddles! Both of them are known to speak to snakes, heck even dragons and lizards!" Where did she find all this stuff on my family, creepy stalker!

"Exactly, but know people will think you and them are related, and also related to Salazar, making one of you the heir!" Ewwwwww Potter is definitely not related to me! If he is in changing families, Ima go be a Malfoy or something....

'Wait what?'

"But I'm not! I can't be..." he sounds like he really doesn't want to be related to us, how rude, my family is perfectly fine....except my father.

"He lives thousands of years ago, for all we know, you could be..."

I didn't want to listen to the rest of their conversation, I hurried out of their common room and ran straight to the Slytherin common room.

When I got there, there were only a few Slytherins in the lounge area.

As soon as I walked in, they glared/grinned at me, then went back to their business.

'Weirdos' I rolled my eyes and headed for my room.

"I CAN'T believe this!" I face planted onto my head.

"Can't believe what?" I heard a voice call out behind me, it was muffled due to my head being buried in blankets and pillows.

"Ember go away, I don't want to deal with your crap now!" I growled through the bed sheets.

"That would be all well and good if I was Ember" I felt the bed sink down and look up to find....

(•_•) ••••••••••••••••••••• (•_•)

A/N: Mwahahahahaha!!!! Cliff hanger!

I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter!
Hopefully it won't be long until the next one.

It takes about 45-60 minutes for me to write these, since I don't have a direct plot, I know where I want this to go, but make up it up as I go along to get there lol.

Also sorry for any spelling mistakes, most of it is autocorrect as I'm writing this on my phone 😂

Anyways, till next chapter Riddles!

~Verkira 🖤