Introduction

Walking up to her casket all I could do was cry. The feeling was so surreal. All these familiar faces and angry expressions towards me only made it worse. They blamed me. I held back my tears stopping right in front of her. Taking my hand, I let it slide down her rose gold covered casket.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled letting a tear splash against the ground. "I should of been here."

Scanning over her face, I couldn't help but feel heartbroken. I was guilty, they were right about me. If I was here, none of this would've happened. She'd still be alive right now, and I wouldn't be dealing with this. The pain of losing someone who loved you more than anything in this world.

I let my hand guide itself to her face, taking in how peaceful she looked. Not one sign of stress, only a small smirk plastered across her face. She was resting peacefully, and there was no doubt that she'd made it to heaven. I broke down at the sight, it was too much to bare. She wasn't supposed to be dead, I needed her here with me.

I felt myself slowly being lifted off the ground. I couldn't even stand, it was unbearable. Never in a million years would I have thought I'd see her in a casket. This woman was everything to me, and it's my fault she's here. I couldn't even stand myself right now.

"She's in a better place."

Is what I heard last. My hearing left as I continuously watched her lay lifeless. I clutched the rose in my hand before slowly gaining control of my body again. Walking up to her, I placed the beautiful red rose inside. Leaning down, I carefully pecked her forehead before taking a deep breath.

"Come back, please."