.30

Zoey Gibson
Next Morning
Work.

"This lovely two thousand square foot home is lovely and secluded just to your liking." I said as I walked with potential home owners. "This house has 5 bedrooms, and two and a half bathrooms. The yard is two-"

"Sorry to interrupt, but is there a place we can set up a tree house? The kids have been begging me for one for months now." The woman said causing me to nod.

"Of course, follow me." I waved my hands, my heels clicking against the hard wood floor. I clutched my clip board and opened the sliding doors.

I walked outside and pointed at the tree.

"This tree here has been here for a total of fourteen years. Last home owners actually had a treehouse here and-"

I turned around to see Kree standing behind the couple. They turned around as well and the husband, Mr. Simmons, smiled.

"How are you man? You're Kree Marcel right?" Mr. Simmons asked as he shook Kree hand.

"That would be me." Kree smiled.

"My husband loves your cigar collection. I bought him the hawaii pack for fathers day, he loved it." Mrs. Simmons said causing him to smile.

"Thank you." Kree smiled, "I'm sorry to interrupt your open house, but can I have a word with my wife for a moment?"

"I knew you looked familiar!" Mr. Simmons said turning around to look at me. "You're his wife right?"

"Fiance." I fake smiled.

"When is the wedding?" Mrs. Simmons asked and I folded my arms looking at Kree.

"I really want to answer you guys questions, but can you give me a moment with Zoey?"

"Sure." They said in unison before walking off. Kree walked over to me and tried to lean in for a hug. I fake smiled before hugging him back.

"What the fuck do you want?" I asked smiling as the Simmons stared at us through the glass.

He sighed, "I been calling you back to back. Answer the phone man, I mean come on you know your role so play it."

"Know my role? Kree you are such a dick. You literally almost got me killed and expect me to want to be your so called fiance still?" I scoffed rolling my eyes.

"Don't do all that." He frowned, "We around other people."

"Well I don't care anymore. I don't wanna be your fiance Kree. That's it, let's just call off this fake ass engagement. You don't deserve me as your fake wife." I said and he gave me a head nod.

"Cool." He snatched the 'engagement' ring off my finger and put it in his pocket. "It's done then."

Kree walked away and I looked over at the Simmons. They acted as if they didn't see it and I was so fucking embarrassed. I flipped my hair and held my head high before waving them to come outside.

"Is everything okay?"

"Everything is fine." I smiled, "Now, where were we?"

Kree Marcel
1 hour later
Work.

"As you all may know, we've been having difficulties with shipments for the last few days. I switched our shipments to Amazon now so our customers can get their packages quick and on time."

I said walking in the conference room. I fixed my tie before pointing at the board.

"I know that there's a lot of things being said about me in the media. I don't know if people are trying to-"