49.

Ariana Shade
October 3
Home.

"You okay sis?"

I asked Olivia as she tied Jace shoes.

"Mhm, I'll be alright." She said in a low dry voice. I could tell she was still upset over Devin. I mean she did give her all to him. Maybe they just wasn't meant to be, and you can't force anyone to love you.

I learned the hard way.

"I can take him to school. I know you need to get to work and I'm off today." I said walking over to Jace.

"You sure? I can take him."

"I got him." I picked Jace up as well as his bags. "You ready papa?"

"Yes." Jace smiled happily.
~~~

Learning Land.

"Good morning Ms. Cathy." I spoke putting Jace down causing him to run in his classroom. I laughed and followed after him shortly. I went in the room to see...Bri?

"Hi, welcome. I'm Bri-"

"Wait a damn minute." I mumbled, ain't know way. "Since when are you his teacher? His teacher is literally Ms. Maddy."

"I just got the job yesterday. I didn't know you had kids. How nice." Bri smiled looking over at Jace.

"Cut the bullshit, we're not friends and I don't want you teaching my child." I said getting ready to leave.

"Please." Bri begged, "I didn't come here for this. I apologize for whatever I said or did to you. I'm grown now and I realize that I have to take responsibility for my actions."

I rolled my eyes, "Sorry, but I just don't trust it."

Bri looked down but her eyes lit up as Kairi walked through the door. I rolled my eyes at her as Kairi gave a quick smile.

"Bri?"

"It's me." She laughed nervously.

"Oh, well, how've you been? You're obviously in Miami now too so."

"I'm okay, just trying to turn my life around." Bri nodded. "Oh, this is your daughter?"

"Yes this is Emerald." Kairi smiled putting the baby down. I folded my arms over my chest watching Jace run and give her a hug.

"Kairi I just want to apologize-"

"Not it's fine, you were kids I get it. I just pray you're better now and you had issues of your own. It's all good with me." Kairi said causing Bri to hug her.

"Thank you, honestly." Bri smiled.

"Knock, knock." Devin came in and I hugged him. He let Heaven in and signed his name. We all stood there and he looked over at Bri. "Hi."

"Hi, I'm Bri the new teacher."

"Oh okay, well make sure Heaven ain't hitting kids again. Madeline said she likes to bite." Devin said and Kairi laughed.

"I will."

"Have a good day Bri." Kairi said before leaving out the room. I made a face once Devin followed her out and shook my head. I left going to find Ms. Cathy so Jace could change teachers.
~~~

Devin Cross
Outside.

"Yo, you not talking to me?"

"Devin, please just leave it alone. I told you more than once that it will never be. Let's just stick to being friends." Kairi said causing me to scoff.