96.

Kiana Bradley
March 24
Home.

"Gramma!" Emerald hopped into my arms as I opened the door.

"Hi baby." I smiled pecking the side of her face. "Hey Kree, what you doing with the kids?"

"Kairi and Devin went shopping for the baby and asked me to keep them." He spoke carrying Heaven in the house.

"Oh okay."

I put Emerald down letting her run to their toys in the corner. Heaven did the same and I laughed before following Kree into the kitchen.

"What you cooking?" Kree asked sitting at the island scrolling away on his apple watch.

"I baked some chicken, made some mashed potatoes and some green beans. You want some?" I asked and he nodded.

"Please."

"Okay, just let me finish the mashed potatoes. I tried to make them myself this time." I said causing him to let out a snicker.

"Oh lord."

"Leave me alone." I laughed.

"I'm pretty sure they're good Ma." He chuckled and I felt my smile slowly fade.

"How's uh, you and Bri?" I asked continuously mashing the potatoes in the pot.

"Oh, uh, we good you know. Just been busy lately that's all. How's pops?"

He changed the subject.

I sighed, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

I stopped mashing the potatoes and turned around leaning against the counter. I folded my arms across my chest staring at him.

"Nothing ma, seriously."

"Kree I carried you for nine months and raised you. I'm not stupid, I know when something is up with you. That's what I'm here for, just talk to me." I sighed feeling the beat of my heart progress.

He sighed, "I know I ain't seen you in a while and I been lying to you. We broke up two weeks ago."

"For what?" I asked furrowing my brows.

"We just ain't see eye to eye."

I studied his movement and his expressions. I put my head down before lifting it back up.

"Are you okay?"

"Yes ma." He placed his hand on his forehead.

"You depressed again?" I asked and he just ignored me. "Kree answer the question. Are you or are you not depressed again?"

"No." He laughed.

"Kree." I stared at him seriously and watched his smile slowly fade away. I could see through this facade, I knew it. I just don't wanna believe it or live through this again. "What you been doing?"

"Nothing, stop pressing it I'm okay." He looked down.

I felt the water works about come and they broke. I placed my hand over my face sobbing letting the sadness wash over me. I just couldn't help it, I don't know what to do.

"Don't cry."

"Kree move back home." I looked at him teary eyes.

"What?"

"Move back home with us. Just until I know you're okay." I wiped the tears from my eyes.

"No-"

"Please!"